Local Food Options

cruisingknut

What kind of food do you like?

We usually spend the day at Orient Beach. There are quite a few restaurants along the beach and you can find a big variety of menus and price levels there. We usually look for a nice looking sit down place that has some nice local seafood on the menu. I'm sure it is a little more expensive along the beach than a place inland, but what a view!!

What kind of food do you like?

We usually spend the day at Orient Beach. There are quite a few restaurants along the beach and you can find a big variety of menus and price levels there. We usually look for a nice looking sit down place that has some nice local seafood on the menu. I'm sure it is a little more expensive along the beach than a place inland, but what a view!!

Thanks. I don't care a lot for most seafood but I like fresh Lobster and Shrimp. From what I read on the CC boards I worry about wandering too far from the ship on a non-Carnival outing due to road construction delays...

Thanks. I don't care a lot for most seafood but I like fresh Lobster and Shrimp. From what I read on the CC boards I worry about wandering too far from the ship on a non-Carnival outing due to road construction delays...

The road construction is on the west side of the island. No delays if you head the other directions. You may want to check out Marigot - lots of good food on the French side, I hear.

You can check these out: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g147348-Marigot_St_Maarten_St_Martin.html

We usually head over to a beach mid morning (not too early) swim, lunch and head back to the shopping area by the port at least a couple hours early to do some shopping. That way we're nowhere near cutting it close on time.

Another option for local food on the island would be to head over to Grand Case and eat at one of the 4 LOLO's Barbeque establishments in the centre of restaurant row on the water side.

We've done that, loved it! Had some great grilled lobster and shrimp. Maybe we'll do that again this year.

Archived