Just booked CARNIVAL DREAM Room 10225 .......

carolinacowgirl

This is only our 3rd cruise.

I had originally booked a cruise with RCCL (we have only sailed with CCL in the past and thought about trying a new cruise line) but I ended up cancelling RCCL and booked a cruise on the Dream. We did a balcony guarantee and got our room assignment of 10225. Since it is on the Lido, will it be really noisey:confused: I go to bed around 8:30 - 9.

We have only been on the smaller Fantasy class ships, so can anyone tell me how different the dream is compared to the older and smaller ships:confused:

Also, I cant find any excursions that carnival offers in Belize... :confused:

Any other advice would be much appreciated! :D

THANKS!

I can't really answer your question about noise, but I'm on the Magic in cabin 10233 which is very close to where your cabin is on the Dream. I chose that cabin specifically for ease of getting to the pools, buffet, etc. I'm hoping that because the cabin is forward of the elevators that not many people will pass by.

On another cruise a few years ago, friends of mine were on the Lido deck and absolutely loved the location.

I can't really answer your question about noise, but I'm on the Magic in cabin 10233 which is very close to where your cabin is on the Dream. I chose that cabin specifically for ease of getting to the pools, buffet, etc. I'm hoping that because the cabin is forward of the elevators that not many people will pass by.

On another cruise a few years ago, friends of mine were on the Lido deck and absolutely loved the location.

Thanks. On the older ships, there arent cabins on thr Lido, so I was surprised when we got our room assignment and it was on the Lido. I believe we are sandwiched between rooms, so that is a plus.

I think you will be perfectly fine with your cabin. I was on the Dream in July of this year, cabin 10279 and loved the location! No noise what so ever and the convenience (as mentioned earlier) is awesome. Three steps from the buffet, main pool, spa, Serenity area. Especially when you need to run back to your cabin for something, and even more especially to have access to your own private bathroom! Have Fun!

Chick.

Sounds like you got a pretty good assignment for a guarantee! Your cabin appears to be forward of the elevators and traffic noise should not be a factor, any more than on any other deck/location. The only (slight) negative I can see with this cabin is that is also appears to be 1/2 of an adjoining pair. I have never had an adjoining cabin on a ship, but I have had them in hotels on land and they do (sometimes, depending on your neighbor) make for a small noise issue (Usually from TV's and loud talkers when in a regular hotel.)

The positives will far outweigh any small negatives. Steps to the Lido, easy access to your cabin, lovely, almost panoramic, views from that height off the balcony, and relative quiet! You are also on a floor that has cabins directly above and below, which also makes for a quieter cabin location, generally.

Enjoy you cabin and you cruise!

This is only our 3rd cruise.

I had originally booked a cruise with RCCL (we have only sailed with CCL in the past and thought about trying a new cruise line) but I ended up cancelling RCCL and booked a cruise on the Dream. We did a balcony guarantee and got our room assignment of 10225. Since it is on the Lido, will it be really noisey:confused: I go to bed around 8:30 - 9.

We have only been on the smaller Fantasy class ships, so can anyone tell me how different the dream is compared to the older and smaller ships:confused:

Also, I cant find any excursions that carnival offers in Belize... :confused:

Any other advice would be much appreciated! :D

THANKS!

No problem at all. We were in 10232 for our October cruise on the Dream and didn't have any noise issues at all. Make sure you go forward on deck 10 and go out the secret door. It's a great view from the bow of the ship above the bridge.

When in Belize try some zip line adventure. It's a great excursion and makes you step out a little and gets the blood flowing and the heart pumping. We did it with our sons and 11 year old grandson three years ago.

My favorite class of ship is the Spirit Class, but we had a real good time on the Dream. I left a link to our pics at the bottom of this page. Enjoy.

Have a great cruise.

http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af32/socref124/

How soon before the cruise do they assign cabins for guarantee bookings. Can you get your cabin assigned early (seems to defeat the purpose of selling a guarantee, but who knows....)?

I this that they will give out the assignments between 30-45 days out? I always book the room that I want and then I don't have to wait, but others may not have that luxury?

How soon before the cruise do they assign cabins for guarantee bookings. Can you get your cabin assigned early (seems to defeat the purpose of selling a guarantee, but who knows....)?

We booked a balcony guarantee and got our room assignment less than 24 hours later. I am totally surprised that we are on the Lido.. I thought for sure we would be somewhere on the bottom.

Thanks everyone else for the tips and advice! :D

No problem at all. We were in 10232 for our October cruise on the Dream and didn't have any noise issues at all. Make sure you go forward on deck 10 and go out the secret door. It's a great view from the bow of the ship above the bridge.

When in Belize try some zip line adventure. It's a great excursion and makes you step out a little and gets the blood flowing and the heart pumping. We did it with our sons and 11 year old grandson three years ago.

My favorite class of ship is the Spirit Class, but we had a real good time on the Dream. I left a link to our pics at the bottom of this page. Enjoy.

Have a great cruise.

http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af32/socref124/

Thanks for the link! GREAT pix!!

We did a balcony guarantee and got our room assignment of 10225. Since it is on the Lido, will it be really noisey? I go to bed around 8:30 - 9.

No, it won't be noisey at all (you may hear a bit of noise - music and people talking - during the deck party but it will be very faint)!! :D Just keep your balcony door closed that night and you should be fine!! :D I had a cabin on Lido Deck on the Valor and I don't remember hearing anything (of course, I was at said deck party so I have no idea if you could hear it in our cabin). It's also a great place to be because you just have to walk down the hall and accross the deck to get to the buffett or pool, no elevators or stairs required!! It's my favourite cabin location, very convienent and no noise to speak of. :D I also checked the Dream's Deck Plans and your cabin is almost as forawrd as you can go so there should be even less noise!! :D

Just curious, when do you sail? We're doing a B2B on the Dream (sailing on December 31st, then January 7th) and for the 2nd cruise, we're on the Lido Deck in cabin 10212 (almost right accross the ship from you), I'm super excited to be up there again!! :D Maybe we're on the same cruise!!!! :D

If we're on different cruises, have an amazing time!! If we're on the same cruise, see you soon (and come join our roll call, it's a good one)!!!!

No, it won't be noisey at all (you may hear a bit of noise - music and people talking - during the deck party but it will be very faint)!! :D Just keep your balcony door closed that night and you should be fine!! :D I had a cabin on Lido Deck on the Valor and I don't remember hearing anything (of course, I was at said deck party so I have no idea if you could hear it in our cabin). It's also a great place to be because you just have to walk down the hall and accross the deck to get to the buffett or pool, no elevators or stairs required!! It's my favourite cabin location, very convienent and no noise to speak of. :D I also checked the Dream's Deck Plans and your cabin is almost as forawrd as you can go so there should be even less noise!! :D

Just curious, when do you sail? We're doing a B2B on the Dream (sailing on December 31st, then January 7th) and for the 2nd cruise, we're on the Lido Deck in cabin 10212 (almost right accross the ship from you), I'm super excited to be up there again!! :D Maybe we're on the same cruise!!!! :D

If we're on different cruises, have an amazing time!! If we're on the same cruise, see you soon (and come join our roll call, it's a good one)!!!!

Thats awesome b/c we sail Jan 7th also! Lets meet up sometime. Where is your room on the first cruise? I would have loved an aft balcony but am excited b/c this is our first cruise w/ a balcony and first cruise w/o the kids!

Thats awesome b/c we sail Jan 7th also! Lets meet up sometime. Where is your room on the first cruise? I would have loved an aft balcony but am excited b/c this is our first cruise w/ a balcony and first cruise w/o the kids!

For sure we can meet up, definatly!! :D When and where? I think the roll call group (I just joined it myself a few days ago) is planning on an informal meet and greet on Embarkation Day at 2pm at the Lido Bar (Waves, I think it's called). Why don't you come to that? Or, we can meet up some other place and time, I'm not picky!! :D For the 1st cruise, we are in a Cove Balcony, cabin number 2393. It's going to be wierd going from almost the very bottom of the ship to almost the very top but I'm soooo looking forward to it!!!! :D

You said this is your 3rd cruise. Just curious, what were your 1st 2? My 3rd cruise was a 7 Day Western Caribbean (different ports from this one though, we went to Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Jamacia) on the Carnival Victory from Miami. My 1st 2 were a 4 Day W. Caribbean on the Imagination and a 7 Day Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas!!!! :D

For sure we can meet up, definatly!! :D When and where? I think the roll call group (I just joined it myself a few days ago) is planning on an informal meet and greet on Embarkation Day at 2pm at the Lido Bar (Waves, I think it's called). Why don't you come to that? Or, we can meet up some other place and time, I'm not picky!! :D For the 1st cruise, we are in a Cove Balcony, cabin number 2393. It's going to be wierd going from almost the very bottom of the ship to almost the very top but I'm soooo looking forward to it!!!! :D

You said this is your 3rd cruise. Just curious, what were your 1st 2? My 3rd cruise was a 7 Day Western Caribbean (different ports from this one though, we went to Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Jamacia) on the Carnival Victory from Miami. My 1st 2 were a 4 Day W. Caribbean on the Imagination and a 7 Day Alaska on the Radiance of the Seas!!!! :D

I did join a roll call but not sure if we will be there with the entire group or not.. my DH is very quiet and trys to avoid crowds as much as possible on a cruise ship! lol Please post some pix of your previous cruises... would love to see them! We have only been to the Bahamas from Jacksonville and Charleston. Both were family reunions so it will so nice to cruise with just my DH. Lets think of a place to meet up... maybe somewhere after we set sail?

Alaska was incredible!!! :D :D The scenery was so beautiful, we saw all kinds of animals and the green of the trees (or hills, or mountains, etc) is stunning, beautiful place!! We went with Royal Caribbean on a ship called the Radiance of the Seas which is almost as stunning as the natural scenery (almost). You defiantly have to try it (even though it costs more (sometimes a lot more),, it's not cold either (we went in July). If you do go, you have to do something connected/ or involves the White Pass and Yukon Route Railway, trust me, you wont be sorry!!!! The train was built from Skagway, Alaska to Dawson City, Canada for the Gold Rush in 1898!! The ship was tons of fun as well!!!! Of course I'll share my pics with you!! Unfortunately, there are only a few cruises in my Webshots album as I keep forgetting to upload my pics when I get back.

Sent from my iPad

Both were family reunions so it will so nice to cruise with just my DH. Lets think of a place to meet up... maybe somewhere after we set sail?

That sounds good, we could meet at the main pool bar after Muster and watch sail away together!! :D Your poor husband, he must hate cruises!! Cruising is such a scoial (and sometimes crowded) kind of vacation. Oh, forget that meeting time and place. If we meet for sail away, the deck will be super crowded which you husband may not like!! It sure will be nice to cruise with only your husband!! Did you request a table for 2 in the MDR? If you don't get to see each other (when it's just been the 2 of you) that much, it may be a good idea for you. I personally love having table mates at dinner but it was just an idea!!!!

Sent from my iPad

That sounds good, we could meet at the main pool bar after Muster and watch sail away together!! :D Your poor husband, he must hate cruises!! Cruising is such a scoial (and sometimes crowded) kind of vacation. Oh, forget that meeting time and place. If we meet for sail away, the deck will be super crowded which you husband may not like!! It sure will be nice to cruise with only your husband!! Did you request a table for 2 in the MDR? If you don't get to see each other (when it's just been the 2 of you) that much, it may be a good idea for you. I personally love having table mates at dinner but it was just an idea!!!!

Sent from my iPad

You would think that a person who was shy and quiet wouldn't like cruise but he said he doesn't mind them. Actually, it was HIS idea this time so when he said "Book a cruise" I didn't hesitate. Lol. I will ask him when and where he would like to meet up. We don't generally drink so we are never at the bar. Lol. I may have one or two beers along with the wine we are bringing but thats about all. Alcohol gives me bad migraines.:(

I did request a private table but she said there's no guarantee so we will see how that goes. We never had to worry about it in the past as we have always travelled with a larger group. Our first cruise, we didn't even visit the MDR once.

I'm excited for this cruise but very nervous bcause of all the negatives I have read about the ports in Belize and Mexico. :eek: Being on a budget, we might be able to fit in one excursion. My favorite ports are the ones with the gorgeous and free beaches like Half Moon Cay. I have NO problem with telling vendors no, but I love to hang with the locals and explore on my own and not be able to do that in Belize makes me sad. I originally booked this cruise bc we were going to see friends in Belize, but Carnival switched the days around it messed up our entire plan. They will be out of town the day we will be in port in Belize so I'm bummed about that. Have you done private excursions before? They can be much cheaper. Maybe there are others doing the same thing so I wonder if there's any groups we could join on any private tours.

We just did the Dream over T'giving and used Park and Cruise for the first time. We arrived kind of early at 9:30am and they said the shuttle to the port did not start until 10:30 am. We parked the car ourselves and kept the keys. There were several cars who arrived before we did and a mini revolt ensued that we couldn't go to the port right away. They ended up taking us as requested. It sure saved a lot of money. When you disembark turn right and walk to the lot where the vans are parked. We got off early and were on the road by 8:00AM. Have a great cruise. We loved the Dream!

You'll love your room location. Just got off the Dream today and was in room 10276. We were closer to what could have been a bunch of noise, but we heard nothing. It was a great place to be. It was nice being able to get out and walk a few steps to the bar, buffet, pool, and hot tubs. It was also nice at night when they showed movies because it was sully pretty late. So a quick walk to the room was great.

If you are looking for a great excursion in Belize.. try Cave Tubing with www.CaveTubing.bz A great adventure that includes lunch - and half the price of the Cave Tubing excursions through Carnival!!

In Cozumel - Paradise Beach is fantastic. While not free, it is only $2.00 for a chair and umbrella. If you want to play with the toys, the cost is more!

We loved our Dream cruise .... many pictures in my link below!

Catrin

Archived