Allure: Ice Show, Blue Planet, Ocean Aria ? Did you bring your kids ?

lgionet

I booked the following shows early (5pm) and planning on bringing my kids (4 years old and 8 months)

Has anyone else brought their kids to the following shows ?

-Ice Show

-Blue Planet

-Oean Aria

Did they like it ? Was is appropriate for kids ?

There's nothing inappropriate in those shows. While the 8 mo. old won't understand a thing, the lights, music and costumes will thrill!

The only shows I wouldn't take kids to would be anything with an "adult only" label....some of the late-night shows have that! And, the comedians....while not usually "potty-mouths", they can be a bit raunchy for young kids.

when we were on the allure, we missed the Ice Games ice show, but did bring all our kids (ages 2, 3, 7, 10) to the How to Train Your Dragon Family ice show. everyone enjoyed.

For OceanAria, we saw on the first night, and brought all 4 kids to that as well. Everyone loved it, and it kept all the kids' attention through the entire show.

For Blue Planet, our 7 year old didn't want to leave Adventure Ocean, and we left the 2 year old in the Nursery. The 10 & 3 year olds loved Blue Planet.

It obviously depends on the kid, but if your 4 year old wants to go to the shows, then they will probably enjoy. If they'd prefer to stay in the camp, I'd go with that ;)

As far as the 8 month old goes, it depends on your baby. Someone brought a baby to Chicago, and the baby was crying out a few times. I thought that was kind of inappropriate, especially since there is a nursery available. But for shows like OceanAria and Blue Planet, you probably wouldn't hear a baby if they made a few squeaks ;)

We took my 13 month old to Oceanaria (he loved it!) the How to Train Your Dragon ice show (also loved it) and Blue Planet. We left blue planet early because my son was being a bit loud. He was doing the excited screachy thing.

We had reservations for Chicago but skipped it, and didn't book the regular ice show because we weren't that interested.

I would just recomend sitting close to an isle, but you'll have to get there early for one of those seats

• 2 months later...

going to take my 8 month son to all except chicago and comedy. my DH and i are switching off. I'm going to chicago with my mom. He is going to comedy with my dad and brother. Our son will probably sleep through all the other shows. maybe not ice games because its at 7:30 but the others we booked late. and fingers crossed that he will either sleep in our arms or in his stroller! we will sit on the end! and close to the exit in case!

We took our 2.5 yr old to all the shows except Chicago. She enjoyed them all! She actually LOVES shows, so I guess it all depends on the kid. She got a little scared with the loud noises at the beginning of the diving show that takes place at the Aquatheater (sorry don't remember the name) and missed the first half, but then once she got over it, she really enjoyed the rest. We actually wanted to take her back so that she could see the entire thing, but it was the last performance. I agree that the Chicago wouldn't be appropriate.

• 1 year later...

Archived