Barcelona overnight

Donmar55

My family and I are sailing on the Breeze to Europe on next July 21st. We have decided to fly to Barcelona the day before and stay at a hotel. Does anyone have some suggestions on site seeing activities, good places to eat, things to do ?? We would like to make the most of our day there.

Thanks

There is tons to do there, it really depends on your interest. You can walk on Las Ramblas, go to the old Gothic part of town, go to the Picasso museum or go see Gaudi buildling, they have a castle, an Olympic Village.....

• 1 month later...

If you have not been to Barcelona before, I suggest taking the hop-on hop-off bus and/or one of the following free walking tours (you give the guide a tip equal to what you think it was worth.) We took the Travel Bar tour before our cruise last summer and the Runner Bean Gaudi tour after our cruise and enjoyed both.

We particularly enjoyed included the Gaudi Apartments, Sangrade Familia and the Picasso Museum

http://www.runnerbeantours.com/

http://www.travelbar.com/es/free-walking-tour/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am hoping that in most places, charge cards will be accepted. I really don't want to deal with figuring out the euro to U. S. dollar. I think I would rather my charge card company take care of the conversion on my bill. I know that cab rides and such we will need to pay with euro and the ship will be no problem. This is our first cruise dealing with foreign currency and it just seems to be confusing.

Archived