Ports switched on solstice---02-26-12

JP1947

Port order was switched for my cruise on 02-26-2012 on the solstice.

Should i cancel my tours for these stops or will celebrity take care of this?

I purchased the tours from celebrity

Hi JP1947,

This has been a HUGE topic of discussion this past week on CC... you can find another active thread here on the CELEBRITY BOARD entitled *Philipsburg St Martin Tendering* = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1532259

As noted by JEN & KIM you can learn more also by looking at the PORTS OF CALL BOARD... and the ROLL CALL for your individual sailing.

I am on the January 15th cruise, the first one that Solstice will do with the NEW Itinerary... and so you might want to also take a look at our ROLL CALL too !!

As of the latest I've heard, ONLY SOME Passengers have been notified of the change by Celebrity... mostly those that have Ship Bought Shore Excursions Booked... (but not all)... and that Celebrity has said they'll be working with Cruisers to change their Excursions around for the change in dates (although by all accounts that could take a couple of weeks from now, as they have to work with the suppliers in each Port... again, starting from scratch... now that the dates have changed)

As I've said elsewhere... everyone affected by this change should (a) check in with their ROLL CALL for the latest info... as not everyone gets emails at the same time, and (b) Call Celebrity yourself to find out how this will impact your holiday.

As for my ROLL CALL and the "guinea pigs" in this situation...

The Plan is, we will be posting an UPDATE once we go thru the experience, so the rest of Solstice's upcoming Passengers have a fuller picture of how it is all handled (the tendering that is)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Hi JP1947,

This has been a HUGE topic of discussion this past week on CC... you can find another active thread here on the CELEBRITY BOARD entitled *Philipsburg St Martin Tendering* = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1532259

As noted by JEN & KIM you can learn more also by looking at the PORTS OF CALL BOARD... and the ROLL CALL for your individual sailing.

I am on the January 15th cruise, the first one that Solstice will do with the NEW Itinerary... and so you might want to also take a look at our ROLL CALL too !!

As of the latest I've heard, ONLY SOME Passengers have been notified of the change by Celebrity... mostly those that have Ship Bought Shore Excursions Booked... (but not all)... and that Celebrity has said they'll be working with Cruisers to change their Excursions around for the change in dates (although by all accounts that could take a couple of weeks from now, as they have to work with the suppliers in each Port... again, starting from scratch... now that the dates have changed)

As I've said elsewhere... everyone affected by this change should (a) check in with their ROLL CALL for the latest info... as not everyone gets emails at the same time, and (b) Call Celebrity yourself to find out how this will impact your holiday.

As for my ROLL CALL and the "guinea pigs" in this situation...

The Plan is, we will be posting an UPDATE once we go thru the experience, so the rest of Solstice's upcoming Passengers have a fuller picture of how it is all handled (the tendering that is)

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wow, you really make this sound like a huge issue. Two ports were swapped; no big deal! X tours will automatically be changed/updated, people on private tours unfortunately have a challenge on their hands to make their own new arrangements. That's all there is to it. It happened to me quite a few times already. Be happy it didn't happen to you last minute, during your cruise!

Wow, you really make this sound like a huge issue. Two ports were swapped; no big deal! X tours will automatically be changed/updated, people on private tours unfortunately have a challenge on their hands to make their own new arrangements. That's all there is to it. It happened to me quite a few times already. Be happy it didn't happen to you last minute, during your cruise!

TO FLORISDEKORT,

Ok thinking you've misunderstood the intention of my posting...

It isn't a HUGE ISSUE for me... but then again, I don't have any Excursions booked in any of the Ports.

IT is a BIG DEAL for people who have Ship Bought Excursions bought (and in some cases Celebrity hasn't contacted them) such as JP1947 here... the not knowing... particularly so on MY sailing the first one, which is less than 30 Days away, and people don't have a lot to go on from Celebrity in regards to WHAT IS HAPPENING.

IT is also a BIG DEAL for people who booked their own Excursions (not using the ship) particularly so if they are only hearing about the change in schedule from Cruise Critic (and not from Celebrity... the Cruise Line seems to be very lax as well as hit & miss on WHO they are contacting, and WHEN)

Thank goodness we have CC to help Cruisers be aware of such issues.

IT is also a BIG DEAL for those people who are handicapped, use Wheelchairs, Walkers, Skooters or have kids & strollers (or so I've been told... I personally have no experience tendering)

AND YES as you say... it is a BIGGER DEAL for the many unfortunate Cruisers who aren't members of CC... and won't know about this change in Itinerary until they arrive at the Port of Embarkation (particularly so if they too have made arrangements / bought and paid for private excursions... which are now not going to happen for them... as they won't be in said port on the previously arrranged day)

So ya, it isn't a BIG DEAL if one knows about it ahead of time, and can plan for the change.

It is if you don't find out until you board.

My plan is to help out as many other Cruisers as I can... and seeing as I am on the first sailing with the changed Itinerary, that means keeping others abreast of the info as it becomes available (as I said, we seem to be the "guinea pigs" here)

As one of the great features of CC is sharing / communicating... I don't really understand how you find that my info here is over-stated... IF this was happening on YOUR Cruise / YOUR Vacation, you'd probably be thankful that some of us are using the CC Resources to let others (maybe even you) know what is happening.

Cheers!

Archived