charge for other dining choices?

KRUSS1962

The main dining rooms and Pacific Heights do not have a surcharge. As of now they serve menu items from Cooking Light and from what I understand they will be changing to accommodate the "low" or "lower" carb craze sometime in the near future when their contract with Cooking Light expires.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;5;29;20;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]
Sailin' on the Wind 5/29/04

The Sun's Pacific Heights does [I]not[/I] have a surcharge, though it does require reservations. It serves only Cooking Light food and we were not very impressed. However, we were highly impressed by all the Cooking Light dishes in the main dining rooms. We just didn't like the menu at Pacific Heights--pretty lackadaisical stuff like meatloaf, spaghetti, etc. Others loved it, though, so give it a try if you're looking for some old favorites.

Teppanyaki is actually served not at Pacific Heights but at Ginza, another specialty restaurant. For $10-12 you can choose your combo of meats/seafood and they prepare them tableside with delicious veggies and rice, plus serve miso soup and green tea ice cream, yum. A fun show and well worth the price!

Ginza also offers sushi by the roll (about $2) or in combos that feed two or more ($8-12). On sea days they're open for lunch. We enjoyed this option a lot. They have an all-you-can-eat special on sea days, but I can't imagine eating enough to make the $10 per person worth it.

We didn't try East Meets West, the Asian fusion restaurant that shares space with Ginza. The menu just didn't inspire us. Cover charge is $15.

We loved the French-Mediterranean Le Bistro ($15) and the Italian restaurant, Il Adagio ($12.50). The servers are fantastic and the food very nice.

There is of course no charge for the dinner buffet in the Garden Cafe which is quite good. Also no charge for Snacks (Tapas) in Las Ramblas. Our little group met in Las Ramblas every night to eat before going to dinner. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Archived