Nachi Cocom or Sabor

nat_mychelle

We were at Nachi in September. I was so looking forward to it after reading such great things about it on CC. It was not at all crowded. The beach was nice and it was great having a Palapa for shade (my husband kept calling it a chalupa. lol).

We found the staff not friendly at all. They weren't rude or anything but just weren't friendly. The drinks didn't seem like they had much alcohol in them at all. Good thing we weren't interested in having lots of drinks because we couldn't find our guy to get them for us. The food was DISGUSTING!! We were STARVING when we left there.

I would not go back.

• 1 month later...

We went to Sabor on Saturday, April14th and will never be back. Absolutely no service, NONE. While we saw plenty of staff in their white shirts and black pants, never once did anyone even speak to us. I guess it was the scarlett braclett placed on our wrist by the lady who took our money. Take our money is all she did. She didn't offer any advice on services or where to go. Just pointed around the corner when asked where the rest room was. Couldn't beleive they allowed hawkers on the property. Folks from Senior Frogs were pestering everyone. The final straw was the photographer with the ten foot python walking around. My wife got so upset she got physically ill. Real bargin, two horrible drinks and one hour around the pool for a hundred dollars. I go back to Nachi from now on. While it may not have the beautiful villas, the service is second to none and the drinks tasty and plentyful. Avoid Sabor at all cost.

I was in Nachi a couple of weeks ago and loved it! Yes the parking lot has lots of weeds but once you are inside it's great! Our waiter was very nice and attentive - I tipped at the beginning of the day so I wouldn't forget and the drinks kept coming. Had a couple of cold beers then switched to white wine (I'm a wino). My partner had Jack Daniels on the rocks for most of the day. Folks around us had the fruity drinks and said they were good - I'm not a fruity drink gal so I can't attest to them.

The beach was nice and the place was not crowded at all...very nice and relaxing.

I didn't get in the pool or hot tub so I can't comment. The bathroom was very clean; in fact when I went in the first time there was someone inside cleaning it.

The food was good - very filling. All in all it was a great experience.

My partner and i, having been to several beaches on different islands, think that this was the best!

Archived