Nachi Cocom or Sabor

nat_mychelle

My best friend and I will be in Cozumel the first of March and are looking for an all inclusive beach day. We are late 20s early 30s and are not really into partying. We just want a place we can lay by the beach or pool and enjoy food and drinks. I have been looking at Island Marketing and can't decide between Nachi Cocom and Sabor adult only. We will also most likely be purchasing a massage this day. I have found the price for massage at nachi but not for Sabor so that would be helpful too. Thanks!

Never been to Sabor, but you can't go wrong with Nachi. Good food that you order from a menu (not a buffet line), great beach, nice pool, and wonderful service. I saw the massage tables located there in the shade but just enjoyed the day relaxing in the shade, the ocean, or at the swim-up bar. :D

Good luck! :)

I just got back from Sabor and booked through Island Marketing. I haven't developed my underwater camera yet so no pictures but it looks just about the same. I was in heaven at Sabor: excellent food and drinks (no buffet line either) and NO KIDS. Quiet, relaxing, and excellent water sports. I booked a snorkeling tour and the staff was amazing. I was not looking for a massage but you can go to the Sabor website and see if they offer it.

Most of the people I saw that day were napping and enjoying the peace and quiet without kids disruption. That is what I was after.

We did not enjoy Nachi. It is worn down and in need of repair, drinks watered down, bad service, ocean view and beach very nice, but it was not the experience that we were hoping for. I was very disappointed after reading all the reviews on this board. The entry and the parking area were in much need of some attention. Weeds a foot tall on their sign......we left after about and hour and a half....would not go again.

I just got back from Sabor and booked through Island Marketing. I haven't developed my underwater camera yet so no pictures but it looks just about the same. I was in heaven at Sabor: excellent food and drinks (no buffet line either) and NO KIDS. Quiet, relaxing, and excellent water sports. I booked a snorkeling tour and the staff was amazing. I was not looking for a massage but you can go to the Sabor website and see if they offer it.

Most of the people I saw that day were napping and enjoying the peace and quiet without kids disruption. That is what I was after.

Clydesmom, how much was the snorkeling tour and how long did it last? We are considering Sabor too because we love adult-only all inclusives. But I wanted to snorkel too. Did they have Hobie Cat sailboats?

I would love to see you pictures when you get them developed! The main questions I had a bout Sabor is I know its a resort so I was wondering if the beach and pool areas were crowded. I am also curious to the price of the snorkeling. Thanks!!!

We were at Nachi at the beginning of December and had a fantastic time. We'd go back in a heartbeat! It was nice and quiet. Couldn't have been more than 30-35 people there.

The only thing that would be considered "neglected" is the driveway in that is surrounded by brush and trees and sand lol.

I would love to see you pictures when you get them developed! The main questions I had a bout Sabor is I know its a resort so I was wondering if the beach and pool areas were crowded. I am also curious to the price of the snorkeling. Thanks!!!

We just booked Sabor through Island Marketing. We'll be there next weekend so I'll try to remember to report back for you. The snorkeling is $35 a person and they have 3 time slots - 10, 12:30 and 2:30. We decided not to do the snorkeling since it takes 2 hours.

Here is what their email said about massages:

ISLANDER SPA TREATMENTS:

You can also pre-book a relaxing treatment at our Islander Spa. You can select from 30 minute massages for $50usd, or 1 hr Massages for $80usd. Couples Massages are $150usd and we also offer special 90 minute sessions for Warm Stone Massages and Aromotherapy Massages for $130usd.

I'm also trying decide between the two for an upcoming sailing.

Does anyone know which might have the best shaded areas. I love reading (and drinking) on the beach, but can't be out in the sun very long. I always need to find a shaded lounge. Preferably one with a beach view.

The pictures from Nachi look like there are thatch roofed bungalows quite near the beach. But , I always worry that pictures are deceiving.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know which might have the best shaded areas. I love reading (and drinking) on the beach, but can't be out in the sun very long. I always need to find a shaded lounge. Preferably one with a beach view.

The pictures from Nachi look like there are thatch roofed bungalows quite near the beach. But , I always worry that pictures are deceiving.

We just came back from our Equinox cruise and really loved the Nachi Beach club! The thatch roofed huts were as advertised and allowed plenty of shade! We had lots of rum drinks and the lunch was very good! The beach was nice and quiet too! Overall, a great time and good value for the money!

No photo shop retouching allowed ;) - there are lots of thatched roof structures very close to the beach - after you pay just tell your server where you want to sit and he'll take you there. Good luck! :)

we are fans of Nachi also having been there around 7 times but not in last 18 months. in looking on boards though, people have mentioned the following:

1) pool & jacuzzi heater not working

2) bites on their feet (ants/sand fleas?)

for the people who were just there please give feedback on these issues as we might not go because of these posts.

Nachi has plenty of shade, so not to worry. It is beautiful.

I had Miami Vice cocktails for the first time ever at Nachi in October, 2010. They were good! One of our party spent the day drinking Johnny Walker, and he was very happy with the bar service.

Even so, while I loved the relaxation, I would say the whirlpool was NOT a hot tub. It just had circulating water, but no heat. When it is really warm, I'm fine with that. It's just that most folks would equate Jacuzzi with warmer water.

One other thing I wasn't so fond of, is that the place is "open until 5:00", yet they were making it obvious by 3:45 that they wanted us out of there. We were the last to leave, but our ship did not arrive until around 11 AM and I did want a fair amount of beach time for the "all-inclusive" deal we paid for. All the other guest had earlier "all aboard" times, so with just 6 of us left, they were kind of pushing us out the door.

While we are returning to Nachi in March, I would like to hear some feedback on Sabor beach. Perhaps that will be our destination if we go to Cozumel again, though I'm really NOT looking forward to being there with 24,000 other passengers!

I'm also looking for some recent feedback.

We were there in Feb 2011 and had a wonderful time. There was plenty of shade. The beach was beautiful- no sand fleas at all. My husband took their snorkeling boat trip and said it was great.

We are looking to return Feb 2013 but if it has gone down hill or there are lots of fleas I'll look for something else.

I'm also looking for some recent feedback.

We were there in Feb 2011 and had a wonderful time. There was plenty of shade. The beach was beautiful- no sand fleas at all. My husband took their snorkeling boat trip and said it was great.

We are looking to return Feb 2013 but if it has gone down hill or there are lots of fleas I'll look for something else.

We were there last week and it was great. There was a post here that said the place had gone down hill and was used by two hotels, perhaps he was just confused . The food was more than we could eat, all the drinks we wanted the beach was wide and the water beautiful. The hot tub was only luke warm as some people have mentioned. Lots of stuff to do for an extra cost or you could just relax.

Archived