Miracle out of New York

Btyson

Oh well thanks for that horseman!! We have plans to visit the Statue of Liberty so I will get plenty of photos then. Anymore tips?

Regards Melissa

Sorry to be the ongoing bearer of bad news, but you should know (if you don't already) that the interiors of the Statue, pedestal, and museum are all closed for renovation and probably won't have reopened by the date of your visit. You can still go to Liberty Island, walk around and have an up close view, but you won't be able to go inside.

• 4 weeks later...
Why is this? Do you get great views of the city? We are sailing out of New York in May. We will be driving up from PA so it was a great option for us.

To the original poster, I think it's a great idea to combine two trips in one! NYC is a wonderful city to visit. Hotels can be really pricey, but if you can stay a few extra days I think you would love it!

Sailing out of NYC is outstanding - past the City on the port side and the Statue of Liberty on the starboard side. While this is wonderful, I have found that coming into NY harbor is much more impactful. (I have worked in NYC and live in NJ - so I may be biased.) I cannot wait for our cruise and all that it will bring, but I really cannot wait until we arrive back in NY harbor - just outstanding.

Archived