Please let me know if this is a good idea.

missouri01

I found a Groupon deal for a half-price whale watching trip in Juneau from Stories and Legends. I was considering Harv and Marv since they are highly recommended on this site and have small vessels (there are 6 in our party.) From what I've read, this company's vessels hold 24 people....but at this price, we could splurge on something else. I am a bit afraid to buy and it be a 'fly by night' business unless others have went with them and report positive experiences.

thanks, in advance, for your feedback!

I don't know anything about them except that their tour is a bit shorter than the operator we use, and the video on their Web site is taken from a different company's boat, in an area that is very unlikely to be where they go!

That is exactly the kind of information I need! Thanks so much! It would certainly be worth paying more to go with someone well known and recommended.

There has been a lot of cross overs from fishing charters, including some highly recommended whale watch vendors on this board.

ANY boat can get you out to a whale viewing out of Juneau. Depends what your other priorities are, mine are going to be different than some others.

IF money is a priority, then the savings can be your choice?

Archived