Just off the Magic

joe bucker

The wife and I just returned home from the 8 day cruise off the Magic. Here is a short quick synopsis of what we experienced. The wait staff in the Southern Light dining room was exellent we never had a meal last over 45 minutes. All of the staff was as helpfull and pleasant the whole cruise. The Internet service SUCKED. The ship did not feel crowded at all, even with over 1400 kids. The food was all good wherever we ate (didn't do the specialty restaurants or the Sushi or the Tantor).

I will post more later when I have more time if there are any questions I will try to answer them. We stayed on the Riviera deck with a window.

All I can say for now is best cruise ever this was our third.

I was just off also. Fantastic cruise. Missed 0 ports out of the 4 scheduled. However, we docked in Coxen Hole instead of Mahogany Bay.

Also, I think all beach/water things were cancelled at Costa Maya.

I also think it did not seem overcrowded with over 4800 folks and over 1400 kids. My two boys loved the camp carnival, and the mini golf.

Food was pretty good, better than I expected really. All the waitstaff was wonderful. We had 6pm dining in Southern Lights.

The only downside was the wife and Mother-in-law having to disembark in Roatan because MIL fell in her stateroom and broke her hip. :(

Doing as well as can be expected. They spent most of the day on Saturday trying to work with Carnival and the insurance folks, and finally negotiated a medi-vac to Austin Tx yesterday. MIL had surgery this evening to put a screw in, and all is well there.

Wife is sad at missing the boys Xmas, and hopefully I got good video of our activities. Especially when my youngest worked his way onto James' chair during the 5pm Holiday Show yesterday. :D

Sorry to hear that about your MIL. My family didn't do any excursion in Roatan, so stayed and played on the ship. We did hear the coded call over the intercom and asked one of the employee what it meant and was told someone got hurt.

My mom who was supposed to be on the cruise with us broke her thigh bone 3 3 weeks before sailing so had to cancel.

You were lucky with the dining in Southern Lights then. We had the early seating and never got done before 7:30pm. Well over 3/4 of the dining room had already left before we did, every night. No big deal to us as it gave our party of 16 plenty of time to catch up on daily adventures. Still gave us time to head to the 8:30pm show and get decent seats.

Archived