Star review from a 1st timer. Will be long with pics.

Stickman81

thanks for such a great review and wonderful pictures!

Roni and I made our way to the Spinnaker Lounge and had a couple of adult beverages (lemon drop martinis and Jack & Pepsi)

In your pictures you showed 2 martinis and I was wondering if there were 2 for 1 martinis? On past cruises with NCL they have had 2 for 1 martinis in Spinnaker but when we were on the Gem they had done away with that and I was wondering if they have that on the Star, actually hoping not wondering:D

Thanks

Sharon

Happy belated anniversary!

If they had two-for-one drinks, I did not get in on the action. :(

I just scanned my Dailies and did not see anything off-hand.

What a wonderful review! We are sailing on the Star Jan 15 and reading your review has gotten me more excited!

Thanks so much

Toni

I'm envious that you get to go in 9 more days. :cool:

You will have a blast!!!

Jim & Roni you are both so awesome! Loved getting to meet you both...your review totally rocks.

Hope we get to cruise with you all again someday!

Regards,

Natalie

As sweet as always!

It was so funny running into you (not literally) all around the ship.

Too Cool!

See 'ya on the boards and maybe, on-board. :cool:

Thank you so much for all of your efforts in putting together your review and pictures. I found myself looking forward to your new entries over the past few days. It was really great to read and see everything. I hope you are feeling better and Happy Belated Anniversary to you and Roni! What a wonderful place to celebrate.:)

Thank you for your kind words and well wishes.

It was an Awesome place / trip to celebrate. I'm so glad we were able to do it during that time frame.

Feeling better but not yet 100% - Thanks!

As requested - Here are some menu pictures I took.

I am not experienced at menu picture taking, so forgive me if they did not turn out too good.

If you see something that you gotta have a better picture, let me know and I will try to crop the area on the LARGE original file that I have.

Aqua Dinner -

Left Side.

DSCN0925%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Right Side.

DSCN0926%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Blue Lagoon Breakfast.

DSCN0943%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Versailles Breakfast -

Left side.

DSCN1080%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Right Side.

DSCN1081%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Wow! I have been searching for exactly a post like this. My wife and I will be first time cruisers on the Star out of New Orleans to celebrate OUR 25th anniversary. We still have quite a wait until November. I've been looking for as much info as I can get, and this journal is it. Well done, and thank you for the effort put forth. It is a tremendous help to us newbies!

Wow! I have been searching for exactly a post like this. My wife and I will be first time cruisers on the Star out of New Orleans to celebrate OUR 25th anniversary. We still have quite a wait until November. I've been looking for as much info as I can get, and this journal is it. Well done, and thank you for the effort put forth. It is a tremendous help to us newbies!

Deja-cruise. LOL.

Wow, that is really a coincidence that this will be your 25th Anniversary on the Star as well.

I know exactly what you mean by trying to gather all the information you can. I am glad you found this to be helpful and I know you will have a great time!

Thanks for your kind words,

Jim

What sailing date? There is a small roll call going for Nov 4. :)

we leave the 29th of this month, I am more excited now after reading your great review and seeing the pics, i have forwarded the link to friends who are not going to make them know the fun I will have while away, thanks so much for your time and efforts

we leave the 29th of this month, I am more excited now after reading your great review and seeing the pics, i have forwarded the link to friends who are not going to make them know the fun I will have while away, thanks so much for your time and efforts

You're bad - I like that. LOL. :D

Thank you for your kind words.

Putting the story and pictures together was fun.

You will have a blast on your cruise!!!

Archived