Star review from a 1st timer. Will be long with pics.

Stickman81

Awesome review - thank you for taking the time to post:D. Do you have more pics of the bathroom. Saw ur other pic eith the liquid soap. Thanks.

Thank you!

All the bathroom pictures are on page one but here is a little larger version -

DSC_0051%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

DSC_0052%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

DSC_0064%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

DSC_0065%252520%252528Medium%252529.JPG

Thank you for such a wonderful post with the picture too. We are booked for March 11 on the Star and the pictures are very helpful. Just came off the Sun and the Star doesn't seem to have as much of a desk area. Again thanks for sharing.

Great review!!! I'm on The Star for the 14 day repositioning from NYC to New Orleans on 10-21-12. How did you get a tour of the bridge? Thanks for all the pics. Ted.

Hi Ted,

As part of the Roll Call Meet & Greet.

During our Meet & Greet there were numerous officer's that made an appearance and introduced themselves. The Captain even showed up! At the Meet & Greet we were informed that we were being invited for a tour of the bridge on the last full (sea) day which was a Saturday. We received formal invitations in our cabin the day before the tour. :cool:

This is another reason why, IMO, it is important to have and attend your Roll Call's Meet & Greet. A bridge tour (again IMO) is a privilege that should not be missed.

The Roll Call for your sailing is HUGE. :eek:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1327434

I'm sure you will have a blast on a 14 day cruise!!!

Great review and pics. I laughed when you said the II Popo seemed like a lot of food for one person. That is because it is really for two (they list it on the menu description but it isn't very obvious).

:D

We knew it was for two when we asked the server. The server offered to have it prepared for one. I don't think the kitchen got the message. :D

Thank you for this review! I will be on the Star in September (going to Bermuda) so it was great to get to see some of the ship through your pictures!

Thanks Becky.

You will love it even more in person.

All the information, reviews and pictures I looked at before we left was very helpful, but as you can well imagine, being there is MUCH better.

Have fun in Bermuda!

Thank you for such a wonderful post with the picture too. We are booked for March 11 on the Star and the pictures are very helpful. Just came off the Sun and the Star doesn't seem to have as much of a desk area. Again thanks for sharing.

Thank you for your kind words.

It is my pleasure to help out.

I am envious that you are just off one cruise and going on another already. :D

I am looking (dreaming mostly) for another one soon. :cool:

Hi Jim and Roni. Thanks so much for the review/pics from your cruise. We are sailing the repositioning cruise from NYC to New Orleans October 21, 2012. We will be on board 14 days. It is our second sailing with NCL (we are Carnival folks) so your review has answered many questions. We haven't sailed NCL since 1984. The ship looks beautiful and we also have a balcony room so we appreciated your cabin pics. We are port side in cabin #9520. Happy belated anniversary and we wish you many more years of sailing together.

Hi Jim and Roni. Thanks so much for the review/pics from your cruise. We are sailing the repositioning cruise from NYC to New Orleans October 21, 2012. We will be on board 14 days. It is our second sailing with NCL (we are Carnival folks) so your review has answered many questions. We haven't sailed NCL since 1984. The ship looks beautiful and we also have a balcony room so we appreciated your cabin pics. We are port side in cabin #9520. Happy belated anniversary and we wish you many more years of sailing together.

Thank you for your kind words and belated wishes.

I'm glad you found my information helpful.

We so thoroughly enjoyed our time on board!

You will have a wonderful time on your repo cruise! Perhaps one day we can do something similar.

Safe Travels,

Jim

What a great review! And very nice pictures, thank you for sharing! Glad you enjoyed your first cruise, and happy belated anniversary :)

DH and I did the Behind The Fun tour on our recent Carnival cruise, that included a visit to the bridge. I'm amazed at how different the bridges are between the two ships. I guess the Star is much newer so it would be more modern looking. I'm also very surprised that they actually let you take so many detailed pictures! We were not allowed to bring cameras or phones on our Carnival tour. The ship's photographer took a group photo with the Captain, that we all got to keep, but that's it.

• 2 weeks later...
What a great review! And very nice pictures, thank you for sharing! Glad you enjoyed your first cruise, and happy belated anniversary :)

DH and I did the Behind The Fun tour on our recent Carnival cruise, that included a visit to the bridge. I'm amazed at how different the bridges are between the two ships. I guess the Star is much newer so it would be more modern looking. I'm also very surprised that they actually let you take so many detailed pictures! We were not allowed to bring cameras or phones on our Carnival tour. The ship's photographer took a group photo with the Captain, that we all got to keep, but that's it.

Thank you, on all accounts. :)

During the pre-tour briefing we were advised that we could take pictures and video. I had no trouble snapping pictures, but the second I brought out the video camera, the Navigator told me "No video" and to put it away. I obliged immediately. (something about walking the plank did not appeal to me). :D

Thanks so much for the review. Hopefully by now, you are feeling sooooo much better. We have not sailed on NCL for about 15 years and just decided to book a cruise on the Star. I was wondering what it was like and you have answered the question quite nicely.

Actually - we booked almost a month of cruising on the Star. We will do a TA from Copenhagen to Miami - stay on the ship - cruise from Miami to Los Angeles via the Panama Canal in October 2013. Anyone want to join us? :D

Actually, after reading your review, I do have a question. Is Versailles a specialty restaurant that you have to pay for?

great review!

Sorry to hear about the bronchitis. I tend to get sinus infections. Doc says all it takes is some strange pollen, etc to trigger this stuff:mad:

The menu looks almost the same as our September Jewel cruise and the ship is very similar. You pictures gave a great reference for comparisons.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves. That's what vacation is all about!

Hi,

I've seen a few of the Spirit photos you've posted on other threads. I'm sailing on her very soon. Is there anyway you'd be willing to share them (the larger files)?

If so, my email (for the cruise) is spirit4812@gmail.com.

Would you mind if I use one for our meet and greet postcard/magnet? I'd be happy to put your name or screen name as credit on the picture.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Thanks so much for the review. Hopefully by now, you are feeling sooooo much better. We have not sailed on NCL for about 15 years and just decided to book a cruise on the Star. I was wondering what it was like and you have answered the question quite nicely.

Actually - we booked almost a month of cruising on the Star. We will do a TA from Copenhagen to Miami - stay on the ship - cruise from Miami to Los Angeles via the Panama Canal in October 2013. Anyone want to join us? :D

Actually, after reading your review, I do have a question. Is Versailles a specialty restaurant that you have to pay for?

Sorry for the delayed reply -

Versailles is one of the main dining rooms.

We enjoyed eating there often.

I am envious of your cruise plans. That will be so much fun.

Safe travels,

Jim

Thanks for a wonderful review.

I have one question...the shoe thingy over the door, did you bring that or was that provided in the cabin?

I have not come across one that large.

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed reply.

We got our over-the-door shoe thingy from Target.

It was one of the "Room Essentials" (RE) brands or whatever it is that Target calls their product line.

Ours was white with clear pockets.

LOVED it!!!

I think this was it -

12227058.jpg

http://www.target.com/p/SFT-01256-Over-The-Door-Clear-Shoe-Organizer-Storage-Rack-Natural/-/A-12227058?reco=Rec|pdp|12227058|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Thanks for the reviews & photos! We will be sailing in March (our first ever cruise) and the information is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Being first time cruisers as well, I was very excited and appreciative of those that posted detailed reviews and tips. I wanted to attempt to return the favor.

I am glad you enjoyed the review.

We will have such a great and memorable time on your cruise.

Safe travels,

Jim

Hi,

I've seen a few of the Spirit photos you've posted on other threads. I'm sailing on her very soon. Is there anyway you'd be willing to share them (the larger files)?

If so, my email (for the cruise) is spirit4812@gmail.com.

Would you mind if I use one for our meet and greet postcard/magnet? I'd be happy to put your name or screen name as credit on the picture.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for asking.

I will send you some pictures of the Spirit in just a few minutes.

Have fun making them into whatever you wish.

A nod my direction for the effort would be appreciated but not necessary.

A percentage of sales would be even better. :D :p :D (j/k)

Safe travels,

Jim

Archived