Epic 2-4-12 excursions

MTCRUISER2412

Would like some ideas for the best shore excursions for our cruise to St. Maarten, St Thomas and Nassau We will be traveling with kids ages 10,9 and 6 so would like beach type activites. Any ideas on what to book and who to book them with would be great. Thanks in advance....

Would like some ideas for the best shore excursions for our cruise to St. Maarten, St Thomas and Nassau We will be traveling with kids ages 10,9 and 6 so would like beach type activites. Any ideas on what to book and who to book them with would be great. Thanks in advance....

You might check the "Ports of Call" boards for more info/suggestions, buth here are a few of mine:

Take a day sail over to St. John or one of the surrounding islands off St. Thomas. I would recommend using a compnay called High Pockets. The woman who captains High Pockets is named Katheleen--she is a gracious host and runs a great excursion. A lot of fun, and your kids are the perfect age for the trip.

St Maarten - a woman named Joyce Prince does a good island tour that includes stops at a number of picturesque places, as well as Maho Beach (whihc your kids would undoubtedly love). Joyce is very flexible when it comes to touring, so she can help you customize a family friendly tour.

Nassau - I can tell you what to stay away from--Do not take the ships Forts and Junkanoo Tour. The trips to the two forts are incredibly rushed, and are basically an opportunity for the guides to ask for tips. Its too bad, as the forts are rather interesting, and it would have been a lot of fun to explore for a bit. If your kids are into forts, etc. you might consdier hiring a cab and seeing the sites yourself. Frankly, Nassau does not do much for me--I would persoanlly recommend staying on the ship.

Archived