Internet / wi-fi package

Does anyone have any ideas on the costs for the internet and/or wi-fi on Celebration? i know it's very sad to be so wedded to the internet when you're on holiday but i've promised Mum i'll send emails to stay in touch :)

Many thanks!

Can confirm the prices on Jim's link were the same when we were on board the Dream in November. We saw the wedding ok with no problems but when Mrs G went to use up the remaining 30 mins on facebook it was very slow, may well have just been location though.

I don't know the prices but they are all expensive as you have to use the satellite and are usually very slow so your cash does not go far.

I suggest that you use internet cafes on shore or take an Ipod Touch or a notebook and write the messages on board then stand outside McD's or the like and use their free internet.

Hi all,

Just returned from the Dream, I purchased 180 minutes for £18.00 but would not advise anyone to purchase the Wi-Fi package on board as it is very slow, I used about 45 minutes the rest just wasted away waiting for the pages to load, I took my laptop on shore and found free Wi-Fi easily enough which was quite fast. Lots of people complained about the internet speed available on the ship.

Hope this helps

Yes just back from the Dream. I bought a 180 minutes (£18) package for the fortnight and this suited my needs quite well.

Be aware though the ship is not always in good range of the satellite so speed can be slow on occasions to non existent on others.

On the Xmas itinerary for example the further West the ship got (Panama and Costa Rica) usage became patchy to non existent.

Overall though it worked well and I was able to top my phone up and check Bank balances and the like with no problems provided there was a connection.

I did not use the WiFi on board so cannot comment.

Many of the cruise terminals will have free WiFi Barbados does for a start. It may not always be apparent or advertised. One clue look out for the crew members sat on public benches or the floor with laptops/devices. If there are a few of them then it may well be worth investigating.

Thanks everyone for your replies, i think i will risk the package for £18.00 and hope for the best. As i'm traveling alone i will want to opportunity to stay in touch with home. i'm not sure about using free wi-fi as i'm in Egypt and Jordon - i don't know if internet cafes etc are so common?

Archived