Priority Debarkation (not VIP or Suite)

jeanietoo

Hello all. We just got off the Spirit on 1/1 from our Christmas cruise and an odd thing happened and I wondered if anyone might have insight at to why.

This was all our first time cruising on Carnival (so not VIP or even past guests) and we booked a balcony (9B category I believe) but the last day we received a letter in our room stating they were happy to offer us Priority Debarkation with Zone 1 luggage tags. I had not expected it and still have no idea why. I can only guess that even though we were not in a suite the balcony category was high enough to qualify us.

If someone knows for sure I'd appreciate finding out.

Thanks all!

Hello all. We just got off the Spirit on 1/1 from our Christmas cruise and an odd thing happened and I wondered if anyone might have insight at to why.

This was all our first time cruising on Carnival (so not VIP or even past guests) and we booked a balcony (9B category I believe) but the last day we received a letter in our room stating they were happy to offer us Priority Debarkation with Zone 1 luggage tags. I had not expected it and still have no idea why. I can only guess that even though we were not in a suite the balcony category was high enough to qualify us.

If someone knows for sure I'd appreciate finding out.

Thanks all!

You were right beside the aft wrap and those are considered suites on the Spirit class ships...;)

Did you have an early flight or sign up to have your bags taken to the airport for you? If not my guess is they had some room in zone 1 and chose some people at random to build good will.

We actually live in So Cal so drove in, no flights at all. Either way, I'll take it. It just made me wonder. :-)

Archived