Pacific Pearl Beers - Connexions and the Orient

PaxtonA

Hi Guys,

I'm on P208 next month to Fiji. I'm in a group that quite likes a drink, and I'd like to get an idea as to what beers they have on tap in Connexions and The Orient.

P&O advertise the two bars as offering draught beers and ciders, so if anyone has been on the Pearl recently, and can remember what was offered, I'd really appreciate it.

(does Coopers Pale Ale ring any bells?)

Andrew.

No Coopers - but they had Fat Yak and Hoergarden on Pac Pearl in mid-year. Plus a cider on tap. The LARGE Hoergarden was only $9.50 for a 600 ml glass - quite a good price -- but unfortunately it was brewed in Oz. (first Law of beer drinking - never drink a beer that is brewed "under licence" )

The Fat Yak was good. The rest were just Ozzie mega-brewery lagers - YUK!

Barry

No Coopers - but they had Fat Yak and Hoergarden on Pac Pearl in mid-year. Plus a cider on tap. The LARGE Hoergarden was only $9.50 for a 600 ml glass - quite a good price -- but unfortunately it was brewed in Oz. (first Law of beer drinking - never drink a beer that is brewed "under licence" )

The Fat Yak was good. The rest were just Ozzie mega-brewery lagers - YUK!

Barry

I was a bit annoyed when we did Pearl to NZ in April that they hadn't loaded a new keg of Hoegarden on the Sydney turn around.

I can't recall what other beers they had on top, but I remember their being a good selection.

I know it is all personal taste, but in my book Hoergarden ruins the old adage " there is no bad beer just better ". Draught beer was excellent and always cold on Pearl last cruise and the Pub Lunch in the Orient was very good also. I am sure you will find a brew that will serve the purpose. Have a great cruise.

Archived