Downtown Walking Tour

kijjy

No, the walking tour won't go to Hell. Hell isn't in the downtown area. You could do this tour and take a taxi or bus to Hell. Personally, I wouldn't pay the price of a taxi to go to Hell. Hell literally takes you about 1-5 minutes to look at the reason it's called Hell (see below) and then 10 or 15 minutes to look through the little shop with T-Shirts and postcards.

I will say, that the first time I visited there in 1997 was at least a little bit better than when I went there in 2009. Back in 1997 the gift shop had better items. Lots of hot sauces, etc. Now, it's pretty much just a t-shirt shop in my opinion.

2Q==

Once you get to the pier there are lots of taxi/jitney drivers looking to offer island tours. Get the best price you can (approx $15 to $20 person). They will take you to the Turtle Farm (see turtles thru gift shop window at no charge) and Hell. They will also stop at a beach and then return you to downtown. If you want to get off then let them know and they will drop you off with commensurate taxi fare.

Archived