First Ever Phone Call from a PVP

MagSeven1413

i used to get calls all the time when browsing carnival's site. to stop them, i changed my phone number to all 1's. i change it back just before i cruise however, but this has stopped the calls just for browsing the site. im not worried about upsell calls as im always happy with the cabin's i pick, and i'd rather not be bombarded with calls everytime i open the carnival webpage

Every time I have researched cruises on their website I have gotten call backs...sometimes a lot of call backs. Maybe because I dream book, like add it to my cart and then delete it? I have to book a special room anyways, which takes an hour on the phone to do. But it is fun to look.

Interesting. I log on all the time, my info is correct in my profile and I have never received an email or phone call from the PVPs.

I booked myself online at their site - never got a confirmation email.

The only correspondance I have received from them was two notification emails that my itinerary had been changed each time they changed and the reminder to have proper documents (passport, ID, etc) when we traveled.

I never get promotional offers, news letters, etc. from Carnival and the box is checked to contact me with offers in my profile. Yet I get them from Princess, HAL, NCL and RCI and I never asked them to contact me. Go figure.

So, what are the odds I recieve one of the "how was your cruise surveys" when we return? My guess - it won't come.

Same here and I've never gotten a post cruise survey either. I even contacted John Heald to ask why I never get anything from Carnival except the standard reminder emails about an upcoming booked cruise. He assured me he would look into it and make sure I'm added to the list but I still haven't received anything.

I called on Friday and talked to a PVP I had a couple of questions about some different rooms. I told her I would call her back after I had talked to everyone else in my group. On Saturday I got a call from a different PVP who gave me his extension and told me that he had gotten mo info from her. I thought it was kinda weird as the first girl and i had no issues and I found her to be very helpful. I told him to send me an email with his info as I was doing yard work and couldn't take down his info. He sent me 2. This is my first time (after 8 cruise with Carnival) booking through them, so I didn't know if this was abnormal.

Maybe he knows that you will call when you need him or are ready to book and that he no longer needs to pester you. Not that he doesn't need/want your business, just doesn't feel he has to bother you all the time.

At least you are getting called. The pvp I had been dealing with for years quit taking my calls, and emails, would not respond at all. Finally just called and booked the last cruise ( new years ) and just a week before got an email from her wanting me to refer her to my friends and family. I responded with

" Really?" I used to get all kinds of stuff like Bon voyage have a great cruise, then after, Hey how was it, welcome back, that kind of stuff.

Archived