Jerry Cahill should have to check in online like we did

7continentKaren

What a nightmare. It took me an hour to do DH and me collectively as the software would jump suddenly from where I was to "Sorry for the mistake", refresh, send me back a couple of pages where I would have to start all over. My daughter said it took her an hour EACH for herself, husband and 3 kids. I put my birth year in twice as it lost it the first time. For a corporation the size of Carnival with the huge number of ships it has, not just under the Carnival name, I am stunned that they can't find some reliable software. I do not remember these issues from my last Carnival cruise 2 years ago. :confused:

The online checkin was revamped within the last 4-5 months. PITA if you ask me.

Yesterday I spent an hour on the phone with a gal who only handles online check-in problems.

Wasn't able to authorize my DD (in another cabin) on my creditcard. Finally figured out that we need to hit the 'authorize bookings' on our funpass and her funpass.

Noticed that the information cannot be saved as in the past. It all has to be filled out at the same time for everyone. Very difficult if two unrelateds are sharing a cabin.

Also now Carnival asks for all 16 digits of the CC not just the last four.

Gosh I hope its getting fixed by the fall. Ill wait to do my Funpass until then. I dont much like the new layout of the website anymore. Gosh the good ol days when we could do our research before booking *sigh*

What a nightmare. It took me an hour to do DH and me collectively as the software would jump suddenly from where I was to "Sorry for the mistake", refresh, send me back a couple of pages where I would have to start all over. My daughter said it took her an hour EACH for herself, husband and 3 kids. I put my birth year in twice as it lost it the first time. For a corporation the size of Carnival with the huge number of ships it has, not just under the Carnival name, I am stunned that they can't find some reliable software. I do not remember these issues from my last Carnival cruise 2 years ago. :confused:

CHECK IN.???? I think a lot of us would like to see JC check out from CCL;)

I am also having a problem authorizing my DW and DS to share the same on-board account from our adjoining cabins. Both booking numbers are registered in 'my cruise manager'. I can authorize another booking in our group but not the one I need. Spent an hour on the phone for Carnival to walk though the screens and realize they are experiencing the same problem and need to pass the information on to another group to get back to me..... I'll post the solution when and if there is one in case it can save others some time and frustration!

We had no problem last month getting ready for the Dream trip. And each cruise line has its own website, so different software and different procedures. We found it just as easy for the Carnival cruise as it was for the Princess cruises the month before. Just different. (It's not just different names on the ships, it's different companies that all happen to be owned by the same corporation.)

Archived