a guarantee question, please

cruise'n

Has anyone that has booked a guarantee room and had the stateroom assigned ever gotten to the ship to find out that the stateroom number had been changed?

If more desirable staterooms within the category that you booked are available after booking is closed for the ship, will they change your stateroom?

No, not really. You should have your assignment once the sailing is finalized. Not always, but most of the time. One the assigment is made

you can have your ta request a change to another stateroom in the received category. To move up to another category....that's where the ta has to beg... lol

However, ships are sailing full and most often there isn't anywhere to move to.

I did a gurantee in 2004. Price was too good to bypass.

My T/A found out the room number in a few days.

This was about 4 weeks prior to the trip and before the docs were being sent out.

The T/A should be able to find out what rooms they may be offering for the gurantee.

Thanks for the info' date=' ocngypz and Longboyzfan. :)

Does anyone else have experience with guarantees?[/quote']

Yeah I do.

never again!!

My TA just received my docs yesterday for my wedding cruise in 22 days.

Not too bad but they wouldn't tell her the room number nor is it posted on my reservation on Celebritys site even today!

She did not tell me my room number in my email today saying she mailed them so I am figuring it is not on Sky Deck, or she is waiting to give me a surprise when I find out it's a Royal Suite upgrade!

I have a Sky Suite Gty on a sold out cruise. Sure I can dream.

If it had not been the only way to get a suite (I paid full price too) I wouldn't have done it and stuck with the CC room on Sky deck I had.

I hate not knowing the room number and you can't order anything for your room until you do.

My opinion! I hate surprises!

Liz:D

I've booked an inside guarantee three times because the rate was great, and each time we've had at least a 2 category upgrade. The first time we booked a guarantee they relocated us to an aft cabin in the same category closer to the elevators after one of us had suffered a back injury. We actually asked to be downgraded one category so that we could be closer to the places we frequent on the ship and walking with the injury was somewhat difficult, and they may have moved us willingly since we were willing to take the downgrade. The second time we were assigned a cabin that was 2 categories higher than what we had booked and the cabin was assigned when we received documents and the room assignment never changed. The third time, we were assigned a cat 10 cabin at the front of the ship. When we got to the ship to check in, we found that we had been upgraded to a CC aft cabin. That was a delightful surprise, but we were given one bed that could not be configured to twins so they moved us up the hall to another CC cabin after dinner on the first night. This caused a little confusion in getting the Captain's Club party info and our excursion tickets... the folks in our original stateroom received the paperwork and let us know they'd received our packets since we met them on the second day of the cruise..... it seems we were all assigned the same table at dinner with not enough places to go around! LOL!:D (We were given another table assignment within a few minutes.) We eventually picked the excursion tickets up from the excursion desk.. which was a good thing, since the excursion folks were under the impression that we had not shown up for the voyage! :eek: It was rather comical playing musical staterooms though, and we took it all in stride and chuckled about it for days!:)

I've booked an inside guarantee three times because the rate was great, and each time we've had at least a 2 category upgrade. The first time we booked a guarantee they relocated us to an aft cabin in the same category closer to the elevators after one of us had suffered a back injury. We actually asked to be downgraded one category so that we could be closer to the places we frequent on the ship and walking with the injury was somewhat difficult, and they may have moved us willingly since we were willing to take the downgrade. The second time we were assigned a cabin that was 2 categories higher than what we had booked and the cabin was assigned when we received documents and the room assignment never changed. The third time, we were assigned a cat 10 cabin at the front of the ship. When we got to the ship to check in, we found that we had been upgraded to a CC aft cabin. That was a delightful surprise, but we were given one bed that could not be configured to twins so they moved us up the hall to another CC cabin after dinner on the first night. This caused a little confusion in getting the Captain's Club party info and our excursion tickets... the folks in our original stateroom received the paperwork and let us know they'd received our packets since we met them on the second day of the cruise..... it seems we were all assigned the same table at dinner with not enough places to go around! LOL!:D (We were given another table assignment within a few minutes.) We eventually picked the excursion tickets up from the excursion desk.. which was a good thing, since the excursion folks were under the impression that we had not shown up for the voyage! :eek: It was rather comical playing musical staterooms though, and we took it all in stride and chuckled about it for days!:)

Okay, you seem like the right person to ask.

Did your docs have any room number on them when you first got them??

:confused:

Hi there, Eandee! Yes, the docs have always had a cabin number on them. Not always the cabin I ended up with, but a cabin number, nonetheless.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, by the way!:) It sounds to me like there is something is fishy about the no cabin assignment situation ......... I bet there is some suprise in the works for you! ;) I will be interested to find out what is up with this one! :)

Hi there, Eandee! Yes, the docs have always had a cabin number on them. Not always the cabin I ended up with, but a cabin number, nonetheless.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding, by the way!:) It sounds to me like there is something is fishy about the no cabin assignment situation ......... I bet there is some suprise in the works for you! ;) I will be interested to find out what is up with this one! :)

God, I hope you are right?

I have heard that they do send docs without room #'s.

I hope since they wedding is onboard they will try to give us the best room they have at the last minute as we board.

May be cancellations too.

I know my TA or wedding coordiantors might try a surprise but I hate to be in for a dissapointment if not.

Liz

Liz, don't let it get you too worked up.... you have enough to worry about without getting all bothered about the cabin assignment. A sky suite is a pretty spiffy dig.... if you end up there, you are in great accomodations!:D I don't think I will ever make it to that category, unless, of course, I will the lottery! Smile!When that happens, I will foot the bill for all of my cruisecritic friends and we'll have one heck of a party on board for a week or two! :D

Seriously though, everytime I have ever called the Captain's Club regarding a cabin question, they've known the cabin assignment. That is what makes me think that there may be something in the works.... but it's very possible that they may indeed be waiting to see what availability looks like right before you sail. On last month's trip, I phoned several times just to check if we still had the same cabin assigned since I'd heard that cabins could be switched right up until sailing and I wanted to be able to leave emergency contact info since both of my parents have had medical issues the last few months. A day and a half before sailing we still had the same assignment, but as I stated, when we checked in, we were told that we'd been given a very nice upgrade! I did share with Celebrity that the trip was celebrating a birthday and the completion of coursework for a doctorate, so who knows.... maybe they do try make surprises happen for special occasions! Keep saying a little prayer that the upgrade fairy visits! :D :p :)

Liz, don't let it get you too worked up.... you have enough to worry about without getting all bothered about the cabin assignment. A sky suite is a pretty spiffy dig.... if you end up there, you are in great accomodations! I don't think I will ever make it to that category, unless, of course, I will the lottery! Smile!When that happens, I will foot the bill for all of my cruisecritic friends and we'll have one heck of a party on board for a week or two!

Seriously though, everytime I have ever called the Captain's Club regarding a cabin question, they've known the cabin assignment. That is what makes me think that there may be something in the works.... but it's very possible that they may indeed be waiting to see what availability looks like right before you sail. On last month's trip, I phoned several times just to check if we still had the same cabin assigned since I'd heard that cabins could be switched right up until sailing and I wanted to be able to leave emergency contact info since both of my parents have had medical issues the last few months. A day and a half before sailing we still had the same assignment, but as I stated, when we checked in, we were told that we'd been given a very nice upgrade! I did share with Celebrity that the trip was celebrating a birthday and the completion of coursework for a doctorate, so who knows.... maybe they do try make surprises happen for special occasions! Keep saying a little prayer that the upgrade fairy visits!

Bothered? Worry, what me worry??

Why would any woman getting married in 3 weeks be bothered?

Confused, or anything? Like that?

We have been together 8 years, I guess it's okay..

No melt down here......

:rolleyes:

Archived