Best spot in Main Dining room

mrsfanci

Actually, I don't think he was putting me on. Captains table might be different on each ship and whoever having that table would be honored so that would be an exception. The waiter I was speaking to was dead serious and had that month been given the title of best waiter or something similiar. His picture appeared outside the restaurant along with several others in different positions. It seemed funny that his table was right next to the kitchen doors. I realize most don't want that location in the dining room but might it be something to consider.

Don

We were seated 2 tables away from the Captain's Table, dead center of the room, on Constellation. Great view of the wake. We loved it.

But I tend to agree with the theory above that the best waiters aren't in that area (except for the Captain's Table itself). Our waitstaff was ok. They confused orders every night (it got to be a running joke with our wonderful tablemates to see who would get who's dinner); they never remembered I liked tea instead of coffee, never offered us additional entrees or desserts even when we told them we couldn't decide, and all the other things people on this board regularly say the waitstaff on Celebrity does.

But I loved that table - great view of the Captain's Table, the wake, and the grand staircase (great for the Baked Alaska parade!!)

Happy sailing.

Joanie

Returned two days ago from a Century cruise. We were at a table of 10 right in front of the aft window on the second level. It had a magnificant view. The shades were usually down when we arrived for the main seating, but they were rolled up after a while to give us a view of the sunset which was quite enjoyable. Our TA recommended a large table (we were two sisters traveling together) and it was great. We were the last table to leave every evening due to having so much fun.

Carol

My assigned table on the Mercury was a table for 8 diagonally the furthest table from the kitchen. I believe #509 or 519. Anyway, my waiter and his assistant were excellent, personable and efficient.

I agree that the main dining room can be noisy at times. This upcoming cruise we are with another couple and asked for a table for 4.

So when our friends decide to eat later or in the specialty restaurant, we will have a table for 2. icon_wink.gif

Karen

Summit 9/3/04 Alaska Southbound

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;9;3;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

On our last cruise our waiter had also been given the best waiter award three out of the last four times. Our table was next to the Captain's table right next to the aft window. I've been on about thirty cruises and he was the best waiter I ever had. I think they move around.

we just got back on the Summit. Had table #521 for 2, upper dining room near aft of ship. One row over from large window (you can't see out at night anyway at 2nd seating-too dark)On formal nights they pull fancy shades over the windows to make it look classier. Nice location and we always got our food first. Seemed to serve from rear to front of dining room on our level. We had asked for a table for 6 but for some reason didn't get it. Lots of twosomes in the dining room so we weren't the only one at tables for 2.

Celebrity Summit 4/30/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=4>

<param name="day" value=29>

<param name="hour" value=8>

</applet>

Archived