One night in New Orleans...

ddeprez

:D How much money do you want to spend?:D

I'm from N.O., and have my favorites, but it would be difficult to choose just one. It would really depend on whether you want casual dining or really upscale. I'll be glad to suggest a few, but need to know what you have in mind.

:D How much money do you want to spend?:D

I'm from N.O., and have my favorites, but it would be difficult to choose just one. It would really depend on whether you want casual dining or really upscale. I'll be glad to suggest a few, but need to know what you have in mind.

We will be NO 4/20 to 4/23. OK we didn't know it was first weekend of Jazz Fest. I am really into food and wine - willing to spend up for great food. Where should we try to get reserves the 3 nites before our cruise. Willing to try anything but would like some creole/cajun. Years ago I went to Corrine Dunbars - sorry its gone - what an all around experience...

Hi Cotton-

We don't really have a price limit- we'd just like to get the best experience we can in the one night we have. I guess nothing really fancy, but just a good representation of NO dining. As the last person noted, we will also be there the opening weekend of jazzfest, so that will probably make a difference also.

Thanks!!

OK, my favorites for typical N.O. food:

Acme Oyster House $

Felix' Oyster House $

Pontalba Cafe $

Gumbo Shop $$

Mike Anderson's $$

Irene's $$

Bayona $$

Bella Luna $$$

Commander's Palace $$$

I believe neither Gumbo Shop nor Mike Anderson's take reservations. (I know the oyster houses and Pontalba don't.) If you go to Gumbo Shop, ask to sit in the courtyard....much nicer, quieter.

Archived