Can you walk back from Charlotte Amalie to Havensight?

Carrie77

I was just curious, can you walk back from Charlotte Amalie to Havensight/ship dock? Would you advise it??

What streets would I need to take to get back?

And, how long does it take?

The excursion we are going on, leaves us in Charlotte Amalie for shopping so we were thinking of walking back if the weather isn't too hot and if there are sidewalks. It could save us a little $$ and we love to walk.

Otherwise, how much would a taxi fare be for 2 people going back? I am guessing $8 total with tip?

Thanks,

Carrie

Hello Carrie,

You can walk; there is a sidewalk and the harbor apron to walk along; you just follow the water/harbor. Leave the Havensight area by turning left out of the parking area... or head left towards Wendy's fast food. At Wendys continue going left, turning - sort of a 90 degree... there is a construction project right there on your left, walk past it and soon you will be at the water - just follow the water into town. Opps... you are coming from town. Ok so just leave town by following the water - you can see the ships so walk along the water towards them... and then at Wendy's turn right to go to the dock area.

It takes about 30 minutes.

The taxi fare is $3 a person.

--Islander

Archived