Capital Jazz Supercruise 2012

policecruiser

I finally have my booking number! Had trouble registering because CJ gave Carnival the wrong birthday Aug 04 s/b 14; called Carnival, and they corrected it instead of sending me back to CJ since it was only the day.

I also have a different cabin; problem is I purchased the boat ride in Antigua using the cabin number that was on my invoice (how stupid of me). I'll fight that battle latter this week.

Thanks All... A weight was lifted; I kept envisioning not having a cabin or them trying to give me a cabin I really didn't want.

Soukous... Call them after 10:00am EST and hang on the phone, you might hear leave a message but the system will try to connect you anyway. If you get a person, make them send you the email while you'll on the phone.

@akwaabe, am happy you made it aboard! To everyone, George Clinton will be performing the same day as my anniversary! Me and wifey will be so ecstatic! We cant wait to see all the wonderful musicians and happy people all together on the jazziest and groovie cruise. I might not see yall faces, but you will see mines. It will be bigger than a Kool Aid smile.:D Have fun everyone, 'cause i will!!!

Bet you will never forget this anniversary on the "MotherShip"!!!! Suggest you stake out your seating arrangements very early for George. The last year that Chuck Btown performed on the SuperCruise for a scheduled 1 pm poolside concert, the deck was packed by 0900 so folks could have the best viewing spots

Then why are people getting there so early? You're not supposed to save chairs, so what are people doing in those chairs all morning? Sleeping?

I'd like someone other than Hattack to answer, pls. He and I speak different languages.

Thanks!

Then why are people getting there so early? You're not supposed to save chairs, so what are people doing in those chairs all morning? Sleeping?

I'd like someone other than Hattack to answer, pls. He and I speak different languages.

Thanks!

@411.. I was there when Chuck Brown performed on the Lido deck. Hattack is right if you want a good spot you'll have to get out there early unfortunately. People were laying in the sun tanning, reading kindles, playing cards on the deck below and basically chillin. There were some folks that got there early and held "prime seats" for their friends or family which got a little annoying. Eventually they announce no holding seats and if people weren't in their seats 15 mins (?) before a show the sets were up for grabs. Once Chuck came on people were dancing the entire set all over the deck above and below.

Yes, they miss what is going on elsewhere throughout the ship if they stay the entire time on the Lido deck waiting for the noon performance. However, there are still many things to do after the performance. I like to do some sessions inside and a little outside as well. I guess it just depends on the individual. Some folks like the sun and they don't seem to have an issue with waiting on the Lido deck for the show (more like lounging). This is just my observation.

Thanks again, Soukous. I may want to check out a local jazz club instead of going to the pre party. It'll give me a chance to experience more of Ft Lauderdale. I don't get in until 5 pm, so I'll probably be hungry by the time I get to the hotel. Nobody where I live throws an event without food, but from what I remember about Stateside events, food is usually on your own, so one needs to plan to eat either before or after.

Just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a great cruise. I'm sure it will be great and you will all have a fantastic trip. Wish I could make it, but I have a good friend going so I will get a replay from him.

I wish you all fair winds, following seas and music that dosen't stop. Because it's all about the music.

Travel Safe

Archived