Quick overnight, arriving midnight, cruise a.m. Suggestions ?

ljk76

We just changed our arrival date to San Juan, AA changed our Sat. Flight to an unworkable time, so now we are arriving late Friday night. Any suggestions for a convenient overnight hotel?

If you don't need fancy, we stayed at the Howard Johnson, Old San Juan, right in the center of town, and close to the cruise ship terminal. It's right on the old city square.

See if you can get a balcony room as the other rooms don't have windows and seem smaller.

Sadly, this hotel is no longer part of Howard Johnson's. I just tried to book there. It was my favorite place to stay. I'm not sure if it is still operating as a hotel anymore. I'd love to find out.

I stayed at the Conrad Condado, which is right outside of old San Juan. It is very nice, but for a short overnite stay, it might be more than necessary.

We just changed our arrival date to San Juan, AA changed our Sat. Flight to an unworkable time, so now we are arriving late Friday night. Any suggestions for a convenient overnight hotel?

Actually, I would try and book the hotel through Priceline to get a lower rate. If you bid on a resort in San Juan, I don't think you can go wrong for a quick stay like that. Here's a great thread with lots of info on bidding on Priceline for San Juan. Betterbidding.com also has tips and recent results.

Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline, Hotwire, etc.

There is a hotel right at the airport. That might be the easiest thing. I think you can find it through the Luis Munoz (San Juan) airport - google the airport - there should be a link. Had a friend do that in April and he said it was very nice.

I am in the same situation and will be going in March. We booked the Best Western at the airport for an overnight stay, although im paying $157 for 4 people.

BEST WESTERN San Juan Airport Hotel

Luis Munoz Marin Int'l Airport,

San Juan, Puerto Rico, 00937-1087,

United States

Phone: 787/791-6000

Fax: 787/791-1248

Hope that helps.

Archived