Gluten-Free on the Oasis

Has anyone cruised Gluten-free on the Oasis? If so, how easy/difficult was it for you? Was the staff helpful and knowledgeable?

Thanks! :)

We've not done it on Oasis, but have seen it done on other ships. The staff is very helpful and accomodating. However, you should probably contact the Special Needs department ahead of time just to be sure they can give you a decent selection. The customer service people can direct you. Here is an email I found on the Royal website: special_needs@rccl.com. Note the underscore "_" between special and needs.

Here is a link from Royal's website:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Food+%26+Beverage&faqId=322&faqSubjectId=336&faqType=faq

My experience on Navigator was so so. Told the Maitre d' on boarding and each day received the menu for the following day so I could choose what I wanted to eat which would be prepared especially for me. The bread was dire. Even toasted it was inedible. I wonder how they will cope next time if I ask for gluten free lo salt :rolleyes:

Archived