Godfrey Tour 4/7/05

smiley

We went on his tour on the 7th, pick up was a little late, but he ran up to tell us he was stuck in traffic and would be here soon, I think he got there about 9:15. There were only 3 ships in port that day so not very crowded-everyone was on 1 bus. Dropped of us to shop and told us to meet him on the bus at 11:45, I was a little late due to a problem I had with a jewelry store. I felt bad everyone was waiting for me. Then we toured the island and he was going to drop 2 people off at Coki Beach but once they saw it they didn't want to go there (not very pretty beach) so off we went to Meagen and two people were dropped off there, the rest Sapphire. You could tell he didn't want anyone to go to Meagens bay and he was encouraging the other 2 choices, but he did drop people off there. We were back to the ship by 4:10.

He did say it was a madhouse on the Island earlier in the week because 8 ships were in port.

I would book Godfrey again, as my DH said he was very professional! Dressed nice and clean cut.

• 5 weeks later...

At the risk of offending all the St. Thomas lovers out there, I found that it looked much nicer from a distance than close up. Frankly, other than a couple of nice views from the heights (which did make for nice pictures), I didn't find the tour all that interesting. I guess I was trying to compare it to Hawaii, and in my mind it doesn't. If I had it to do over again, I'd do something other than the tour. Just my two cents worth.

On the other hand, the price is tough to beat and I can say I've done it. Just depends on what you like I guess.

Archived