La Quinta Westbank Reviews????

pjfnme

We are thinking of doing the park/ride special at the La Quinta Westbank. They give complimentary parking but charge 15.00 each way for the taxi to the terminal. Can anyone give any reviews on this place or have any better ideas????? I didn't realize I would need a hotel for "pre-cruise" and now there are not very many places available! Leaving on Conquest on May 1

Thanks!

May 1 is the second weekend of Jazzfest. That's why rooms downtown are scarce and expensive, and many require a 2 or 3 night stay. I've never stayed at this LaQuinta. It doesn't look like much from the outside, and not a great neighborhood, but probably OK for a night, and you will save a bunch of money not having to pay for parking.

Alternatives would be a place near the airport or in Metairie (a suburb). There are La Quinta's in both. You will still have to deal with the cost of cabs.

Attendance at Jazzfest has been down over the past couple of years, and hotel occupancy running at about 70%. If you wait until your cruise is nearer, you may well find a good deal.

We were on the Conquest in March. It was a great experience.

We stayed at the Westbank Holiday Inn, just down a little from the LaQuinta, on April 2. The area seems a little rough around the edges, but then again, so does most of New Orleans. Everyone was friendly and we heard of no problems of any kind. The rooms were maybe a 2 diamond level, and total cost for one night was $80 including taxes. We left our car there for the week and had no problems. The Holiday Inn has a free shuttle to the free ferry that crosses the river to dock near the corner of the French Quarter. We used this on Saturday night and had a good time. The problem you may have is getting a taxi to take you from the port back over the bridge to the westbank side after debarkation, drivers just want to go to the airport.

We stayed at West Bank Holiday Inn in March. We shuttled for free and ferried for free. We never needed a taxi. Total cost for one night's stay and parking for 8 days-$30.00 (entertainment coupon) We had rolling luggage and pack reasonable. There is a police station very close by. We parked our car in the front by the main entrance when we left for the cruise and had no problems. Their staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a complimentary shuttle to the ferry for sightseeing running all day as well. This was not our first choice but it ended up working out very well.

We stayed at West Bank Holiday Inn in March. We shuttled for free and ferried for free. We never needed a taxi. Total cost for one night's stay and parking for 8 days-$30.00 (entertainment coupon) We had rolling luggage and pack reasonable. There is a police station very close by. We parked our car in the front by the main entrance when we left for the cruise and had no problems. Their staff was very friendly and helpful. There is a complimentary shuttle to the ferry for sightseeing running all day as well. This was not our first choice but it ended up working out very well.

This sounds like a very good deal...I am wondering if they would honor my entertainment coupon since I have learned it is the 2nd weekend of Jazz Fest!! You answered my question regarding a secured lot...I was wondering though how far it was (walking distance) from the ferry to the cruise terminal. One of our party is disabled..she has a wheelchair but it might be a problem with all of our luggage! Thanks for the info!

Archived