1st Cruise---34 Days Away!!

soon2cruise2005

I'm very excited. We just received our booking #'s today. I've tried not to get to excited until this point because i didn't want everyone that's not going to kill me but...................YES, YES, YES,,,, 34 DAYS AND COUNTING THEM DOWN!!! I've seen all the suggestions before but can I have the "what to take" list again. Anyone else sailing with us? May 16, 2005 out of NO on the Sensation. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!! HAPPY CRUISING ALL! Becky:)

Becky,

I am excited for you. There is nothing like planning and awaiting a first cruise, except being on the cruise! You will have tales to tell once you get home. Take loads of pictures, don't overpack and take more money than you plan on right now. All the suggestions that people gave me here came in handy. They know what cruising is all about and they share it well. You can go to any search engine & type in packing list and come up with 5 different lists. Compile your own list from that and then decide what you really need and what you can do without. On the 2 cruises I've done, they have had 2 dispensers in the shower. One was soap and the other was shampoo. I take a small pouch on a keyring with a wristband attached and this is great for my room key/sign & sail card especially if I only go up several decks to take pictures or to get coffee, etc. I also use a cheap waterproof wristwatch with an alarm clock on it. If you have a day when you want to wake up at a certain time, then set the alarm on it. And if you lose the watch in the ocean, who cares? It was cheap to begin with right? And last of all, HAVE FUN! Don't eat too much, but you will walk most of it off just getting around on the ship and try to see as much of the ship and port towns as you can! Keep us informed once you come back so we can see if our suggestions helped!

-Jo

For me the biggest excitement was the first time I saw the cruise ship! It's absolutely enormous up close. Savour every moment of the entire experience, and "don't sweat the small stuff"! I don't have a packing list, but I always do a body check... head = shampoo, conditioner, comb/brush, hat... neck = jewellery, etc. That's my approach.

Also, don't try to do too much... it's overwhelming the number of excursions and activities. Pick and choose... a lot of things are offered daily or again... and you can't possibly do everything. Take time to just "hang around" and enjoy the ship and the scenery.

I'm very excited. We just received our booking #'s today. I've tried not to get to excited until this point because i didn't want everyone that's not going to kill me but...................YES, YES, YES,,,, 34 DAYS AND COUNTING THEM DOWN!!! I've seen all the suggestions before but can I have the "what to take" list again. Anyone else sailing with us? May 16, 2005 out of NO on the Sensation. LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!! HAPPY CRUISING ALL! Becky:)

Yeah, Its almost time for you cruise!Have a great time,and dont forget the Sunscreen!!

Soon- could you post a detailed review when you get back? I'll be on my first cruise out of New Orleans on the Sensation in September and I'm interested about the embarkation seems to be some confusion with construction??? Let me know please

Archived