Lobster in Cozumel

Passereau

It's been quite a while since I've been to Cozumel. My mom is going with us this time and she says she wants to just go to downtown and have lobster for lunch and then go shopping. Anyone know of a good place to get lobster in downtown Cozumel?

Thanks,

Don't know of a place downtown. There are a couple of places on the island though. If I remember correctly, one was highly rated on tripadvisor, just search cozumel and lobster.

Oh never mind, I did it for you... ;)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150809-d1991366-Reviews-La_Lobsteria-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I have personally never eaten here though...

Oh wait, there is a steak house downtown facing the water that has lobster. I remember seeing the sign. Not sure of the name, but its looks to be a more expensive, touristy type place.

La Lobertia is only open for dinner. Casa Mission serves lobster , but they are also only open for dinner. Thier sibling restaurant, LaMission, which is on the south west corner of the Plaza, has some seafood dishes, but I don't think they carry lobster. Not sure if even Especias, upstairs on the Plaza or Plaza Leeza or Panchos Back Yard have lobster either.

LaConchita del Caribe out on the east side of San Miguel (Avenida 65 Sur between Calle 13 and 15), has great seafood but not sure if they carry lobster regularly, I don't recall seeing it served.

Your mother may be out of luck. She should be aware that lobster in Mexico is the Caribbean spiny lobster which is a smaller variety than what we in the US think of when we have lobster.

Archived