Cocktails from Room Service?

Boiler Fan

Can you have cocktails delivered to your cabin? We are thinking of hosting a small cocktail party for some friends on our balcony during sailway on an upcoming cruise. Is it possible to have something like pina coladas delivered? Thanks!

Honestly, even if they were on the room service menu, I think I'd head to the nearest bar and get them right before my guests showed up. Or possibly even arrange to meet my guests at the bar, use my card to cover the drinks, and then head back. I know it's a little messing around that we might not need to do on land, but something like a pina colada melts pretty quickly. I'd want to be sure that they were fresh and hadn't been made 20 minutes prior waiting for a steward to pick them up.

Now, a butler would be a different story. I'm sure that the butler could get the job done easily. Assuming you're in steerage, though :D, I think I'd do some kind of workaround.

Actually, no need for butler. Room service will be happy to bring drinks. (with a charge of course). I did this in November. We had a party at sail away, and along with the wine we brought on board, I called room service and ordered cocktails several times. Service was swift and pleasant.

Archived