Room Service Alcohol.

Wyuna1

I have read on some cruise reviews that alcohol can be ordered through room service on Pacific Jewel is this still the case? We cruised on Pacific Pearl last year on this was not the case then. Has there been a change in policy with the new competition available in the Australian cruise market?:confused::confused:

I have read on some cruise reviews that alcohol can be ordered through room service on Pacific Jewel is this still the case? We cruised on Pacific Pearl last year on this was not the case then. Has there been a change in policy with the new competition available in the Australian cruise market?:confused::confused:

There has been a change in room service. We cruised on the Jewel in September 2011 and there was an in room snacks and drinks menu. Limited to non alcoholic mixers, chanpagne and sparkling, white wine, red wine, beer and snacks. Typical prices (then) : All by the bottle. No spirits or cocktails.

Moet & Chandon $64 - $144 (LOL)

Oz sparkling - $32-36

White Wine (4 on offer) $29-46

Red Wine (4 on offer) $36-48

Beer (5 on offer) $5.50 - 7.95

Plus $3.00 delivery charge and available midday to 10pm. No midnight carousing on the balcony please!

We did not use the service preferring to purchase from a wider selection at one of the Lido deck bars and carry it back.

Colleen

There has been a change in room service. We cruised on the Jewel in September 2011 and there was an in room snacks and drinks menu. Limited to non alcoholic mixers, chanpagne and sparkling, white wine, red wine, beer and snacks. Typical prices (then) : All by the bottle. No spirits or cocktails.

Moet & Chandon $64 - $144 (LOL)

Oz sparkling - $32-36

White Wine (4 on offer) $29-46

Red Wine (4 on offer) $36-48

Beer (5 on offer) $5.50 - 7.95

Plus $3.00 delivery charge and available midday to 10pm. No midnight carousing on the balcony please!

We did not use the service preferring to purchase from a wider selection at one of the Lido deck bars and carry it back.

Colleen

Thanks Colleen. What is the Oz sparkling - $32-36 like?

Thanks Colleen. What is the Oz sparkling - $32-36 like?

The two on my menu (souvenired from the cabin) are:

Brown Bros zibibbo rosa ($36)and Tyrrell's premium brut sparkling ($32). Not tasted either of them - not a sparkling fan.

Colleen

Thank you all for the information seems like a step in the right direction,maybe we are starting to be seen and treated like responsible people not only beer swilling uncontrolable yobbo's in stubbies, blue singlets and thongs.:)

Guess it's a step in the right direction, although in saying that on my last cruise on Princess you could order 375ml bottles of straight spirit to your cabin for about $20 a bottle. Not sure if that's still the case though.

It's a pity about the spirits. A long Gin & Tonic on the balcony in the tropics would be delightful. Maybe one day.

As cjm66 did, I would often get a drink from the nearest bar & take it back to my cabin while getting ready. On my last night I was actually surprised by one of my bartenders who suggested next time I buy an extra bottle of duty free alcohol & drink it on the last night, as they deliver to your cabin so you can pack it. Not quite sure I would be game to try it though!

Archived