Princess Transfers and Which NYC Airport?

ddins

First of all I understand that all opinions are subjective. I like many have found very informative insights on this site.

I'm looking for advice on getting to the cruiseport in Brooklyn in October. Right now it is about $40 cheaper to fly into Newark (EWR) than LaGuardia. We already booked the transfer to the pier but are willing to cancel that if we go into Laguardia, Newark I would stay with Princess, I think. I would like to know what is the best overall airport to go into and how to get to the pier. We will be flying out on the day of the cruise out of Chicago (Saturday). The flight times into EWR are more appealing because they arrive earlier (9AM), Noon is the earliest flight into LaGuardia. I try to be as cost effective as possible but understand convenience is sometimes more important.

Thank You in advance for your guidance!

If you are flying in on embarkation day (always risky), I would take the flight that arrived the earliest, allowing for time differences in getting to the port. If you arrive more or less on time and your luggage doesn't, more flights into EWR increases your chances of your luggage making the cruise. Arriving at Noon on embarkation day gives you little or no leeway if there are delays.

Pam, This is our first time not flying in a day early so we are a bit nervous about that but time does not permit us to get in the day before.

Carolyn, JFK is also an option. It is nearly the same price as LGA. We normally would fly out of Milwaukee but lately its much more expensive and Chicago is just an hour further south.

First of all I understand that all opinions are subjective. I like many have found very informative insights on this site.

I'm looking for advice on getting to the cruiseport in Brooklyn in October. Right now it is about $40 cheaper to fly into Newark (EWR) than LaGuardia. We already booked the transfer to the pier but are willing to cancel that if we go into Laguardia, Newark I would stay with Princess, I think. I would like to know what is the best overall airport to go into and how to get to the pier. We will be flying out on the day of the cruise out of Chicago (Saturday). The flight times into EWR are more appealing because they arrive earlier (9AM), Noon is the earliest flight into LaGuardia. I try to be as cost effective as possible but understand convenience is sometimes more important.

Thank You in advance for your guidance!

I live in Brooklyn and we fly out of all three airports, depending on best prices at best times for best flights (non-stop, etc), counting in that Newark is more expensive for us to get to and from, because we won't ask anyone to take us or pick us up (bridges, tolls, commuting times). I'd stick with Newark if I were you, because of the earlier flight time and a Princess transfer available.

If you were to fly into LaG, I would take a yellow cab (taxi). That's always how we return home from either LaG or JFK. I'm in a different direction, so I can only guess what the fare would be - but I think it would be around $35.

Just a few questions about Newark.

How long is it from EWR to the pier by way of Princess shuttle?

How long have you had to wait for pick up at the airport?

What is the earliest disembarkation flight time you would recommend?

Archived