Question about Allure and My Time Dining

Homegrown

After many cruise using the traditional set dining times, my family is curious about trying MTD on our Allure cruise this summer. The problem is, we want to have no reservations, just go whenever we want. Can those of you who have tried this let me know how that worked? Did you have to wait long for a table and are there specific times to avoid?

Also, we are currently signed up for early dining, my understanding is that once we board, I can change that to MTD. Is this correct? Thanks for you help on this.

We've done my time dining with & without reservations and prefer without reservations. We were always sat very quickly with maybe a 5 minute wait at the most. We showed up whenever we wanted between 6-9:30pm and we had a table for 2 each time. Not sure if it will be as quick with more people in your party.

In order to do My Time Dining you must pre pay your gratuities. I'm not sure if you can switch once you are on board. We have always chosen my time dining prior to boarding.

My TA advised that if we want MTD we would need to change in advance and pre-pay grats. I, too am up in the air as to what we want to do. We have a 4 and 8 year old, but my 8 year old loves to dress up and have dinner with us (just much quicker) so I think I may keep early MDR and between app and main course run that up to AO.

I also like the fact of having same waiter, my DD last year still remembers our waitresses name and what country she was from, she went home and did some research on the Phillipanes it was pretty neat.

You can change your reservations the same day if you have them, or not make any and just show up. Even a hearty looking line at 7:30 moves fairly quickly.

We have almost always had the same waiters the last 4 cruises with MTD. We might be at a different table, but in the same waiters section.

I would think MTD would be perfect with young kids; takes so much less time that traditional seating, and you have ultimate flexibility, so if little one has to have his tantrum at 5:35, you can just wait him out till he's all good again, then go to dinner. Or if shes still napping, go to dinner at 7 instead. Who needs more stress with little kids!?

Archived