Taxi cost to Sheraton Nassau Bahamas/day pass?

Snorkel Dawg

Trying to decide between the Sheraton and the Hilton. Does anyone have any comparison information?

We will be there in the beginning of April with two adults in their 60/70s, two adults 30-50, a 19 year old and a 5 year old.

Do either of these places offer wi-fi either free or for a fee?

Do both offer kayaking, snorkeling and the like?

What is included at each place?

I am looking myself, but am having a hard time coming up with the information that I'm looking for.

I noticed that the Hilton does advanced tickets, while the Sheraton does not; does either place tend to sell out? We will be on the Oasis with three other ships in port, so I am concerned that we will get shut out.

We will be in port from 7-2; does it make sense to make the trip out? How early do they open?

Thanks in advance for any and all help :)

Although I can't figure out why ANYONE would want WiFi on the beach of all places! Really?

My daughter will be with me and her daddy wants e-mails and skype time. We are going to be gone for two weeks, so the cost will be ugly if I have to pay ship board prices.

Hi all,

How do you reserve the Sheraton day pass? Do you set this up ahead of time, or just show up to the resort, and ask for for the Day Pass?

Thanks!

Timmy Van

The Sheraton is now the Melia - we booked online because the hotel was sold last month apparently. We paid about $2 more but it was seamless plus the booking agent lived in Nassau for years and was such a tremendous help. Best $2 I ever spent! I can give you contact info if you need.

The Sheraton is now the Melia - we booked online because the hotel was sold last month apparently. We paid about $2 more but it was seamless plus the booking agent lived in Nassau for years and was such a tremendous help. Best $2 I ever spent! I can give you contact info if you need.

Why would u pay more for a day pass that is readily available? What happens if it rains? Just go to the front desk like everyone else does. Booking agents are middlemen. No need to pay extra.

Why would u pay more for a day pass that is readily available? What happens if it rains? Just go to the front desk like everyone else does. Booking agents are middlemen. No need to pay extra.

Actually the Melia doesn't sell day passes online - its first come first serve. Depending on their occupancies, hotels typically have a select amount of passes available that day. The reason we went through the booking agent is that they are an authorized reseller and offered a refund if the weather was bad. Having kids and limited time, we didn't want to show up and get sent back to the ship. Just sharing our experiences.

Just an FYI - Until Melia moves to an full all-inclusive format, they typically do not restrict the number of passes.. like Atlantis does. It's very rare .. and they would not be selling advance tickets on those days that are restricted. Same goes for Wyndham.

The only restrictions are partying spring breakers. which they try to keep under control.

Of course, booking agents will tell you otherwise. BTW.. most agents are either cheaper or same price. You shouldn't pay a premium.

Edited by scubagirrl

Scuba girl--- I will rely on your expertise---OH the Pressure;)

I have heard so much about these two Resorts-but can not decide. We will be here on Feb 25--I will go into water- wife thinks it will be too cold.

Which place do you like. Thank You very much!!:)

Scuba girl--- I will rely on your expertise---OH the Pressure;)

I have heard so much about these two Resorts-but can not decide. We will be here on Feb 25--I will go into water- wife thinks it will be too cold.

Which place do you like. Thank You very much!!:)

It really depends on what u are looking for.. the main issue that I have with wyndham is that they have not updated or repaired their chaise loungers.. they sag and many are broken in one way or the other.. this is really NOT a bit thing.. but it's a pain somedays.

The beach is the same... Sheraton is more active. I happened to like a more low keyed venue.. More activities and free water toys at the sheraton.

I am happy at Junkanoo with their $9.99 special shack!! Music and blue collar fun. BUT BUT I want my wife to be happy. This Melia/Sheraton looks beautiful so that where I will head. You kept me out of the dog house.

Will hit Fish fry on the way back-then Jitney to ship!

You are the best!!:D

Can anyone tell me if the Wyndham and the Sheraton (now Melia?) are connected and do they share facilities if you buy a day pass at one of them? Also, what about the buffet? Extra costs there?

We were originally planning to do the Wyndham but cruno we're unsure of that's the best way for us to go... 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and 11.

Thanks for any info!

Kirsten

Sailing cruise #5- Carnival Magic 03/2014

Can anyone tell me if the Wyndham and the Sheraton (now Melia?) are connected and do they share facilities if you buy a day pass at one of them? Also, what about the buffet? Extra costs there?

We were originally planning to do the Wyndham but cruno we're unsure of that's the best way for us to go... 2 adults and 2 kids 12 and 11.

Thanks for any info!

Kirsten

Sailing cruise #5- Carnival Magic 03/2014

Usually, the 2 property allow you to go between them, but during Spring Break (March), security usually keeps folks from using the sister properties. (since this is melia's first spring break, there's no way of knowing how they are going to handle it).

I'd buy the pass for the property that you want to spend time at.

As for the buffet.. Wyndham buffet is closed. Don't know about the Melia.

No food or drink is included in either day pass unless you expressly purchase a pass with lunch included. At this time, only the Melia has a day pass with lunch. You can purchase at the front desk