Is Nassau the place to get Diamong Rings?

FrankG69camaro

Looking to possibly buy a Diamond ring. Is Nassau a good place for a great deal? Can you recommend a store that's you have had good luck with there? Thanks

If you don't know you jewels, I wouldn't purchase an expensive diamond in the bahamas. Have heard stories that when appraised at home for insurance, some don't pass the grade.

I would second, third and fourth what ScubaGril says!! Do NOT buy a diamond while on vacation!!! If you have problems with the ring, are you prepared to go back to the Bahamas to get them resolved??

As she says, MANY items are appriased back home for WAY less than you paid for them. Unless you are a jeweler and know your stones inside and out, don't spend any significant money on jewelry!! Buy a bobble, a momento, but get your jewelry from a reputable store back home.

We only buy diamonds in the islands from Ballerina Jeweller in St.Thomas. Have been dealing with them for years no problems. Friends also use them as well. If, you go there ask for James he's one of the owners.

If you are sailing with Carnival look for their shopping seminar on the ship the evening before you get into port. They have relationships with some of the stores in Nassau, give you a shopping VIP badge, give you coupons to freebies around town (some cheesy - some really nice) and can help ensure that you are getting a good deal.

My husband and I have been very pleased with the jewelry we bought in Nassau last time. I haven't had any of it appraised but it all still looks great and nothing has changed colors or get cloudy or any of the things cheap jewelry usually does.

Archived