Stay near MIA and taxi to South Beach?

jfhbearcat

Wife and I are arriving at MIA 1:30 pm on March 25 the day prior to cruise. Want to visit South Beach to view architecture, people watch, etc.; not into the club scene. SB hotels very expensive that night so considering hotels near airport with free airport and port shuttle for a couple hundred less than a half way decent/safe SB hotel and just paying the $60 for roundtrip SB taxi. Does this make sense?

I went on the destiny out of miami in april 2010 and am going again this april. as my ta suggested we booked a hotel with airport shuttle and got a cab to south beach. with tax we paid 115 for the sofitel hotel it is beautiful. offers free shuttle to and from the airport and they arranged transfer to the port as well for 10 dollars pp. the cab to south beach was 35 dollars each was and the driver was able to suggest a great mexican restaurant rancho grande. we just took the cab there and afterwards walked down the shops to the beach and caught another cab back. i will definitely do this again. also there is a new hotel open dec 2011 the comfort suites miami airport north. it offers free airport and port shuttle, all suites and a heated outdoor pool and is also very reasonably priced. hope this help you. have fun.:)

If you are staying near MIA you can shuttle back to the airport and then use the Airport Flyer bus for $2.35 per person to get to SB -- another $2.35 fee will get you the bus ride back to MIA where you can shuttle back to your hotel.

http://www.miami-airport.com/pdfdoc/airport_flyer_brochure.pdf

Good luck! :)

Archived