Gluten free buffet & room service?

honeymooner77

Our upcoming cruise on the Solstice will be my first gluten free vacation. I understand how the MDR works, but I am nervous about my options for the buffet and room service. I am pretty sensitive to cross contamination. How will I know which meats and cheeses are gluten free, for example, as those are often gray areas. Has anyone had experiences with gluten free buffet and room service options on a cruise? How did you eat safely and remain satisfied? So nervous...but excited too. Thanks for any guidance.

I have successfully eaten gluten free on the Eclipse for 13 days in Blu and Murano. I was suprised to find that the buffet had knowledgeable staff in the buffet area that lead me to the right food. But if I was especially sensitive to contamination I would stick to my dining room staff unless I found exceptional cooperative staff in the buffet.

Room service on other lines has been the most difficult for me, but on Celebrity I ordered eggs, not scrambled and bacon and figured that was as safe as I could get. It is common to be served toast anyway, so you must be on your toes.

There is plenty of food, you just won't get the variety, but that is true at home too.

Archived