Azura: regarding Speciality Dining

Kernel Fudge

Hiya! On a recent thread I was offered some good advice on what to do following embarkation. Most helpful, but it raised a question perhaps you could assist:

We have our anniversary and a birthday (mine :D ) whilst aboard. Probably be a good idea to book one of the speciality restaurants, but then again, I wouldn't wish to miss one of the 'special' nights (I'm sure they'll all be special, but you know what I mean :) ) . Any advice? Is it possible to find out specific evening itinery before sailing? Many thanks.....

You will find in your cabin a "Cruise Overview" (or title something like that) that lists the main events each day - dress codes, themes (if any), ports, etc so you can make your judgement on which day to book a speciality restaurant

Brian

The speciality restaurants will know which nights are the formal nights during your cruise so will be able to advise you accordingly when you go to book.

The other early booking you might want to consider making is the hairdresser for formal nights: this is always my mum's first call as soon as she is on board.

Carol x

Hi

I returned from the Azura yesterday. You get a "Cruise Overview" in your stateroom when you arrive but if you want to book a speciality restaurant for your special occasion, I would advise you to do it as soon as you board. We had trouble getting a table for two when I enquired on the third day. We didn't want any special day so got a booking for the penultimate day of our cruise. The restaurant will be able to tell you when you book what the dress code for the evening is. Also, bear in mind that Sea Days are the busiest for some reason!

I recommend Sindhu - the experience is amazing and you need to allow at least 2 hours for your meal. Won't say anymore incase you manage to go!!

Enjoy ....

When we last cruised on Ventura in May/June, we too were interested in booking a couple of meals in the speciality restaurants, but we also didn't want those meals to be on the formal nights.

We embarked not long after noon, and after having a bite to eat in one of the buffets went to reception where they were able to tell us which nights would be the formal nights. We then went to book our speciality meals: for East we happened to be passing the restaurant entrance (on deck 7) and booked there because they were open for bookings, while for The White Room we visited a stand set up for them in the floor of the atrium during embarkation. Result: we'd got our speciality meals booked before the cabins became available at 2 o'clock.

I'm sure a similar procedure would be possible on Azura.

I think I replied too similar to Tom on your other thread...book as soon as you can on embarkation day and you should get the evening dinner table you require on the date your require, leave it later -like the 3rd day or worse like Karen and yes you may be disappointed....there are thousands of passengers and these restaurants only take 50-100 covers per night, so its obvious if you have a special occasion and want a specific date book early! :D as Fred Pontin used to say..

Once its done , you can relax and enjoy the holiday, secure in the knowledge you are going to enjoy some extra special dining evenings. As already mentioned each restaurant manager has in their bookings diary the dress code of the night so you can avoid formal nights and enjoy them in the main dining room if you so wish.

I think I replied too similar to Tom on your other thread...book as soon as you can on embarkation day and you should get the evening dinner table you require on the date your require, leave it later -like the 3rd day or worse like Karen and yes you may be disappointed....there are thousands of passengers and these restaurants only take 50-100 covers per night, so its obvious if you have a special occasion and want a specific date book early! :D as Fred Pontin used to say..

The length of the cruise makes a difference, too. The number of passengers is the same, whether it's a 7-night or 24-night cruise, but in the case of the former the availability of places for eating in Sindhu, etc, will be limited. If the cruise is longer, obviously the number of places available over the length of the cruise is proportionately greater.

This also affects prices - P&O charge higher prices for the speciality restaurants on shorter cruises. Well, they do for Sindhu and The Ocean Grill - I think the Glasshouse is always priced the same.

• 2 weeks later...
Hiya! On a recent thread I was offered some good advice on what to do following embarkation. Most helpful, but it raised a question perhaps you could assist:

We have our anniversary and a birthday (mine :D ) whilst aboard. Probably be a good idea to book one of the speciality restaurants, but then again, I wouldn't wish to miss one of the 'special' nights (I'm sure they'll all be special, but you know what I mean :) ) . Any advice? Is it possible to find out specific evening itinery before sailing? Many thanks.....

There is a very good chance that your Sea Days will be Formal nights, not 100% certain but a good bet.

Agree, best to book the day you board, on Azura last year there were stalls in the Atrium were you could book and they gave you a card showing the dress code per night for the whole cruise.

We celebrated a special anniversary on Azura in the restaurant 17, it was superb, the food was amazing and the service outstanding, so much so we went a second time in the last week. We also did Sindhu, not impressed really and would not go back, but that is just our opinion, I know most people love it.

Have to agree about the Glass House, loved the place and the lunch time/ eveining food was lovely.

Wherever you book, you'll have a great time - Enjoy. :)

Archived