Can You Cram Everyone's Drinks Into One Bag?

elzapato

I understand the limits of bringing wine and soda on board but I'm wondering if we can combine the drinks for our whole party into one carry on bag (We're not bringing that much and it would all fit into the required size suitcase). As long as we all board together will we be OK or will they require us to distribute the drinks into each individual carry on? It would be hard for my parents to lug a heavier bag and I'm hoping to put the drinks into a bag with wheels. Thanks.

I understand the limits of bringing wine and soda on board but I'm wondering if we can combine the drinks for our whole party into one carry on bag (We're not bringing that much and it would all fit into the required size suitcase). As long as we all board together will we be OK or will they require us to distribute the drinks into each individual carry on? It would be hard for my parents to lug a heavier bag and I'm hoping to put the drinks into a bag with wheels. Thanks.

Yep, you can but you need to ensure that your entire party is there with you at checkin...

:)

Yep, you can but you need to ensure that your entire party is there with you at checkin...

And you can't combine quantities, so those 750ml bottles of wine per person can't be combine as one 1.5L bottle for 2. And no 2 or 3 liter soda's instead of the 12 pk of 20oz. bottles per person.

And you can't combine quantities, so those 750ml bottles of wine per person can't be combine as one 1.5L bottle for 2. And no 2 or 3 liter soda's instead of the 12 pk of 20oz. bottles per person.

Yep... you're right, Janey... one bottle of wine... 750 ml/person is allowed... not on 1.5 liter bottle for two people...

Yep... you're right, Janey... one bottle of wine... 750 ml/person is allowed... not on 1.5 liter bottle for two people...

We are doing a B2B have four bottles for the two of us. Are we going to have a problem. Will have my second leg boarding pass with me.

Char ;)

Now I'm confused. We sail on Miracle in two weeks, and I bought three 500 ml boxed containers of wine (they don't come in 750ml sizes in Oregon) for the two of us. That totals 1.5 liters. Is this OK? I didn't want to pack glass bottles for the plane.

Now I'm confused. We sail on Miracle in two weeks, and I bought three 500 ml boxed containers of wine (they don't come in 750ml sizes in Oregon) for the two of us. That totals 1.5 liters. Is this OK? I didn't want to pack glass bottles for the plane.

Pretty sure you can't do that....You're going to have to get the glass bottle..:(

We are doing a B2B have four bottles for the two of us. Are we going to have a problem. Will have my second leg boarding pass with me.

Char ;)

Most likely you will not be allowed to carry on 4 bottles even though you are doing a B2B. You might want to pack 2 in your suitcase and if they get taken you'd get them back at the end of the first cruise~

Thank goodness for the informative people on cruise critic...can you bring 12oz cans or 16oz bottles of soda instead, or does it have do be the 20oz bottles??

While it shouldn't be a problem as long as everyone boards as a group and the persons checking understands the situation. Fool-proofing the process by having each passenger carry their own would be the best idea though. For mom and dad you could have them take their own and have someone else carry the equivalent weight in their own carry on.

We have 3 in our group. 3 bottles of wine, 12 waters or soda each. I put everything in one suitcase-pack with bubble wrap and check that onto the plane. Cost $25 to have our drinks. When we get to the scanner at the port we step to the side and let people go by- I open suitcase-remove a cloth bag- the ones you get for the grocerystore and place one bottle of wine with 12 waters or soda. When ready daughter walks to belt and places drinks on belt and goes on in. I keep one bottle with soda in suitcase. Once all 3 of us are clear we repack suitcase with drinks. This process takes about 5 minutes of our time. I also remove bubble wrap around top of wine so they can check it out if needed. Once they did c heck every water bottle but I don't care--I am not holding them. We roll the suitcase with us to the lido deck and get a table but the pool. One of us stays with the suitcase. The cabins are ready soon. Also a small suitcase does fit nice next to the pool chairs as we swim. I find it is easy to just make the scanning process easy and follow the rules. It takes just a few minutes and I have my 3 bottles and drinks with me.

Enjoy

Archived