MSC Disembarkation at Venice

irishmangh

I wonder if anyone can help with my query.

I arrive back in Venice on Oct 6th. on MSC Divina at 0930 am ( scheduled docking time) and I was wondering what the average disembarkation time for passengers. I know they dont do self-disembark like NCL , so I will have to collect luggage at pier. The reason I ask is because I would like to depart on a flight from Marco Polo (VCE) at 12:35 pm and was wondering if this time period from docking to flight is too tight ?

Any info would be most helpful. Thanks :)

I wonder if anyone can help with my query.

I arrive back in Venice on Oct 6th. on MSC Divina at 0930 am ( scheduled docking time) and I was wondering what the average disembarkation time for passengers. I know they dont do self-disembark like NCL , so I will have to collect luggage at pier. The reason I ask is because I would like to depart on a flight from Marco Polo (VCE) at 12:35 pm and was wondering if this time period from docking to flight is too tight ?

Any info would be most helpful. Thanks :)

I think you might be cutting it too close by not leaving any room for things to go wrong. We docked 1 hour late (10 am instead of the 9 am as scheduled) this past Sunday because the port had closed due to morning fog. I'm not sure when the first group (those with priority disembarkation) disembarked, but I'm guessing sometime between 1015 and 1030. I disembarked just before 1200.

I agree this is too tight.

MSC can't control how quick the authorities will clear the ship. You can ask to be in the first group off but you can't guaranty you'll get your wish. The Divina is a really big ship with a lot of passengers and could take up to 2 hours to clear all the groups. You then have to find your luggage and get to the airport. You don't say how you are planning to do that. If it is by water bus, then allow an hour. Land taxi is probably quickest, as long as you can get one right away, but you are not going to be alone in wanting one.

The earliest I'd book a flight would be 14.00 or a bit later to save the stress of worrying about missing it.

We actually found disembarkation to be the most disorganised part of our MSC Magnifica cruise last March.

We waited in the area designated for us and got off about a half hour later than we had thought we would. Not really a problem as we were staying over for a few days. No trouble finding our bags though, once we made it out.

Then the real confusion started! People were milling about everywhere and the signage was almost non-existent. We asked about the shuttle to Piazzale Roma and a very bored worker just said "stand over there" so we joined a very large group of people and waited quite some time before another cruiser went off in search of better info and then came back and led the whole group to a completely different queue.

We waited a VERY long time for a shuttle bus!

I would say that your best hope to make that flight would be to book private transportation to meet you at the dock. Waiting for any sort of transport provided by MSC to take you into Piazzale Roma wouldn't really be an option and by the time we made it off the ship there was not a taxi in sight.

Hi All,

thanks for much for your replies and you have just confirmed my thoughts. Just have one cruise under my belt so far and as I said it was NCL & self disembarkation, which was so quick & smooth. Will go for the 2.30 pm flight back to London now. Thanks again & really appreciate all your replies.

Happy Cruising,

Gerry.

• 4 months later...
Hi All,

thanks for much for your replies and you have just confirmed my thoughts. Just have one cruise under my belt so far and as I said it was NCL & self disembarkation, which was so quick & smooth. Will go for the 2.30 pm flight back to London now. Thanks again & really appreciate all your replies.

Happy Cruising,

Gerry.

I have same question for my sailing in September, I guess that we can wait and ask people who will sail on Divina in June. But the tickets already booked for 2 pm flights

• 3 weeks later...
I have same question for my sailing in September, I guess that we can wait and ask people who will sail on Divina in June. But the tickets already booked for 2 pm flights

I will be sailing on September the MSC Armonia and have the same question. I need to know so I can schedule our train ride to Rome. Keep me posted.

What is your official docking time svanda?

Generally speaking I'd allow 2 hours for a train and a lot longer fir a flight. Local immigration can hold up clearing the ship and MSC can do nothing to speed this up.Venice occasionally has problems with fog which can impact arrival time too.

I take a fairly conservative approach as I just don't want the stress about worrying I'm going to miss a flight and having to rush around with luggage. Last time I was getting a train, the purchasing on the day price was not considerably cheaper, so I just grabbed the first train available. Then I was at genoa and going to Milan and there were plenty trains.

We've just done the MSC Eastern Med - arrived back in Venice sunday 1st July. Cruise arrived on time, but was held outside the lagoon, presumably by the authorities. Docked at 09.30. Our flight back to the UK was not til 14.45, so we did not rush. We did not go to our allocated colour zone as we weren't in any rush. So we just waited for an hour and wandered off the ship - no real crowds and we picked up our cases in the allocated colour zone and got the shuttle to the people mover. Bit chaotic there, as some of the ticket machines were not working. So a staff member was handing them out. Got an airport shuttle from P. Roma to airport. Arrived at approx 11.30.

I would recommend that you buy the MSC own transfer (not sure how much though). The MSC coaches meet you as soon as you exit immigration, so no people mover or going via P Roma required. MSC staff were waiting outside of immigration to direct you to your coach.

You can buy them on the ship.

Despite the moaning reviews recently, we found most thingson the ship well organised, the balcony cabins very good, the staff friendly and helpfull, the food very good, the drinks reasonably priced and we had a great time.

Only moan would be just to many children. MSC give FREE places to children sharing an adults cabin, so lots of free kids on board.

Have fun

Archived