Triumph Lido Deck Good vs bad !!! NEED CAPERS PLEASE

Gettin Cruisin Fever--just Booked Lido #9265-9261 For Dec. 3rd... Anyone Every Stayed On Lido?? Is There Much Swaying Up There??? Do Balconies Open Up Between Rooms?? Each Time You Call Carnival You Get A Different Answer...On Conquest class we Normally Stay On Upper Inside... Hubby And Group Thought It Would Be Great To Be On Buffet Floor ... Also, Looking For Eastern Capers For Triumph If Anyone Has Them We Would Appreciate Them Being Posted Or I Can Give A Fax. #...... Anyone Have A Recent Eastern Review They Can Share??

Thanks For Any Help

Ellie

Gettin Cruisin Fever--just Booked Lido #9265-9261 For Dec. 3rd... Anyone Every Stayed On Lido?? Is There Much Swaying Up There??? Do Balconies Open Up Between Rooms?? Each Time You Call Carnival You Get A Different Answer...On Conquest class we Normally Stay On Upper Inside... Hubby And Group Thought It Would Be Great To Be On Buffet Floor ... Also, Looking For

I have been on Lido deck on the Triumph twice and have been in 9269 both times. Personally, I love the location. I would walk out of my cabin in my bathrobe every morning and bring back coffee, pastry and fresh fruit to enjoy as we sat on the balcony.

The balconies can be opened by the cabin steward, but when they swing them open, one of the cabins windows will be blocked and you will have balcony space taken up by the divider.

Thanks For Your Reply Joe And C Breit !!!!!

Joe What Do You Mean The Divider Will Take Up Balcony Space?? Will It Not Go Back Against The Wall. I Understand It Would Take Out A Window, But We Have Four Cabins Together And Thought That Would Be So Neat To Open The Balconies Up To One Big One... Not Such A Good Idea??? Explain Please !!!!

Cbreit--- Sooo Excited Can't Wait... Will It Ever Get To Dec. 3rd !!!!

Does Anyone Have Eastern Capers??

Thanks

Ellie

Joe What Do You Mean The Divider Will Take Up Balcony Space?? Will It Not Go Back Against The Wall.

The divider is at least 3 inches thick. The hinge can't be right against the wall so the divider can swing. You will lose about 6 inches of depth for the width of the divider. It isn't much, but when you have a chair in front of it, it will be noticeable.

Joe Thanks So Much For The Information....

Can You Tell Me The Configuration Of The Room... I See That You Had A Queen Bed Also.... Is There More Room With Just A Queen Bed And Is There Also A Couch, Table And Chair??

Whether it was a Queen or two twins joined I'm not sure it would make a difference. Balconies all have a couch some of which convert to a bed. In front of the couch is a small table that can be raised and lowered. The only other chair is just a stool that we always kept pushed under the counter across from the couch.

Joe What Do You Mean The Divider Will Take Up Balcony Space?? Will It Not Go Back Against The Wall. I Understand It Would Take Out A Window, But We Have Four Cabins Together And Thought That Would Be So Neat To Open The Balconies Up To One Big One... Not Such A Good Idea??? Explain Please !!!!

Cbreit--- Sooo Excited Can't Wait... Will It Ever Get To Dec. 3rd !!!!

Does Anyone Have Eastern Capers??

Thanks

Ellie

just got back from Triumph Eastern... I have all the capers from last week... I can copy & send to you... email me your address at clcmb@allstate.com... Give me a couple of weeks & I'll send them to ya!!!

Gettin Cruisin Fever--just Booked Lido #9265-9261 For Dec. 3rd... Anyone Every Stayed On Lido?? Is There Much Swaying Up There??? Do Balconies Open Up Between Rooms?? Each Time You Call Carnival You Get A Different Answer...On Conquest class we Normally Stay On Upper Inside... Hubby And Group Thought It Would Be Great To Be On Buffet Floor ... Also, Looking For Eastern Capers For Triumph If Anyone Has Them We Would Appreciate Them Being Posted Or I Can Give A Fax. #...... Anyone Have A Recent Eastern Review They Can Share??

Thanks For Any Help

Ellie

Hi Ellie -

we will also be 2-4 couples cruising with you on December 3 - cannot wait. aft balcony here on the EMpress deck....wish we were there:D

We sailed on the Triumph 2 years ago. We were on the Panorama deck, but others in our group were on the Lido deck. There is no better location than these 2 decks. I was afraid it might be noisy since everthying takes place there during the day, but there are double doors separating the staterooms from the activity part of the deck. You wake up, get some coffee, danishes, a lounge chair, etc. go back to your room and take your time waking up. During the day, you have the convenience of using your own bathroom - it's just as close as the public restrooms. You can go back to your room to get things you forgot, like more sunscreen, your camera, or for some privacy, if you know what I mean. Anytime you want a snack or a drink, it's just down the hall. That said, we are booked this November on the Victory (same ship) on the Panorama deck. Can't wait.

Archived