Question about Star 12530 & 12030 Family Suite

aamiee

I have looked at more pictures. 12530 looks to be longer on the couch side of the room, as there is space between the bed and the couch and between the windows and the couch of about a foot. The cabinet/dining side of the room may be shorter, not allowing for the Murphy bed. Overall, the room may be larger in square footage. Ihave to agree, that the forward facing view looks awesome! I have my son in 12526 and may move him to the other side of my daughter's room to get that forward facing view!

thanks for the info and the pic. The view looks great.

I more question...do you know if the main bed can be converted to two twins? It is not a deal breaker for us either way, but I'd like to know if it is an option.

I believe that the main bed can be separated onto two. I will try to get more pictures posted in the next day or two.

• 2 months later...
the only one i vageuly saw was 12532 which is the barrier free one. that one seemed large as well although it may have seemed that way because of the wider dorrway. The angled window created a forward view that I cant say enough about. We turned the two chairs next to the coffee table around for the whole week so you could face out. These became the favored seats because the window sill was large enough to put your feet up and just watch the sea go by. Also you can sit on the couch facing forward for the same view. attachment.php?attachmentid=219822&stc=1&d=1327712109

The other thing I noticed is on each side of both of the bed and the couch was a nite stand. Other pictures I have seen of standard family suites showed all 4 of the nite stands side by side at the foot of the main bed.

I want to know if the noise from the jogging track on deck 13 could be heard in your suite. I just read a thread warning to steer clear of these two suites for that reason. Can you comment?

thanks

I want to know if the noise from the jogging track on deck 13 could be heard in your suite. I just read a thread warning to steer clear of these two suites for that reason. Can you comment?

thanks

I was in 12030 recently. the jogging track is overhead, and, I believe, also over the cabins on either side. The track is closed from 8 pm to 8 am, and I did jot hear anybody jogging outside those hours. we sailed during a college spring break week, and there were many active young people, including joggers. I could hear the footballs in our cabin, a mild disturbance in my opinion. DH felt the forward and side window views made up for any jogging track disturbance, and I tend to agree.

There was some hallway noise as people came up the forward stairs or elevators, then headed past our cabin to the pool deck. This was mostly the college kids who were louder than most cruisers and sometimes seemed oblivious to the presence of others:rolleyes:. With a different crowd, I suspect the hallway noise volume might have been much lower.

Archived