Finally got my "my ncl" account cleaned up

sdmike

Wow..what a mess things were. I have some learning here that I want to share. First, a couple of facts, which most might know already:

• You have to be 18 or over to get a latitudes number
  • You can only attach YOUR OWN reservation to your "myncl" account (your name must be on the reservation)
  • If you want to manage other reservations, you have to use separate "myncl" accounts, one for each reservation managed (see bullet #2)
  • The best way to move people to different rooms is on board. Reservations is limited in their ability to do this effectively

Ok, having said that, here's what caused my headache.

We had 14 people on 5 different reservations, including 4 of my family in a mini-suite on the Jewel. I had this reservation attached to my "myncl" account and all was fine. Then we decided to add an inside room at nominal cost to give us some more space. I put me and one of my boys in that room, and left my wife and my 14 year old son on the original reservation. Pretty simple, right?

Well, logging into my NCL account I now saw the original reservation, but this time just my son and wife on it (so far...maybe ok), but my account now had my son as the owner, with MY latitudes number. Yuck. So when we made the change the systems didn't just unattach the old reservation from the account (since my name was no longer on it), but instead changed my NCL account, giving it to my son! :p

After 15 minutes on the phone with a nice NCL online services rep she untangled all the reservations (she said the way the changes were done was a mess), and got my account set back up correctly. I now the proud owner of my "myncl" account (again) with my right latitudes number (again) with the right reservation on my account. Now I just have to set up an account for my wife and one for my MIL to manage the others.

What fun that was. :)

Thanks NCL customer service!

Very good and timely information, thanks for sharing. I just booked 2 rooms, 1 with hubby and son and 1 with daughter and I. When I go into myncl I can only see mine and was trying to figure out how to add hubbys room so I could manage our trip. Sounds like I will have to create an account for him as well and manage 2 accounts. Definitely not ideal for me but doable I guess.

that's good to know about being 18....do they eventually earn the credit for sailing?

Glad you got it straightened out. Sounds like a headache. And ALASKA! Good for you guys!

According to the Lattitudes rep on the Jewel, yes when I told him my 2 yr old should already be almost silver after the cruise we just got off he said when he is 18 he will be credited with all his points, he is hoping to be past platinum at that point:D

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

Archived