Drink ticket question....

terjul

This cruise, we've decided to pre-purchase drink tickets to help cut back on our final bill and save a little while doing so, but I have a couple of quesitons:Will it cover the amount of the DOD, or do I pay the difference and when you use a drink ticket do they still add the 15% gratuity into the price of the drink, or do you just tip on your own?

Forgive me if I sound like an idiot, but we've never used these tickets before :confused:

Thanks for your help!

The drink ticket includes the 15% tip on the $5.75 amount. They will usually charge you the difference. Maybe ask for the DOD in a regular glass to save the $1 or $2 extra for the keep sake glass, might cover it then.

Thank you!!

I've used drink tickets on all but one of my cruises. I seem to have extra each time --- kind of a pain to remember to bring them/use them. That being said, I'm at about 80% of the time where they didn't ask for my S&S card for any extra, but I usually don't do the foo-foo drinks either... vodka/tonic, bloody mary or something of the sort most of the time.

I have read though that you should wait until your drink is made before presenting the ticket, both for not getting a watered down drink and also by that time the bartender usually just wants to get the transaction finished and will just take the ticket and go about their business. Also, if you're using the same server/bartender, a cash tip will usually take care of any extra they may charge you that day. I think maybe they don't like that the 15% tip is already included on the ticket. :confused:

I've used drink tickets on all but one of my cruises. I seem to have extra each time --- kind of a pain to remember to bring them/use them. That being said, I'm at about 80% of the time where they didn't ask for my S&S card for any extra, but I usually don't do the foo-foo drinks either... vodka/tonic, bloody mary or something of the sort most of the time.

I have read though that you should wait until your drink is made before presenting the ticket, both for not getting a watered down drink and also by that time the bartender usually just wants to get the transaction finished and will just take the ticket and go about their business. Also, if you're using the same server/bartender, a cash tip will usually take care of any extra they may charge you that day. I think maybe they don't like that the 15% tip is already included on the ticket. :confused:

That is a great idea. We'll be sure to do that!

Archived