Packed something you didn't need

derf5585

well, i have packed a lot of things that i have not needed. but, some things I use on the airplane only but not on the cruise. I use a cd player and a deck of cards on the airplane or waiting in the airport. I never really use magazines, books, cd players, games, etc on the cruise ship. there is just to much to do then to use a lot of those things. also, i've taken too many hair pieces because i never know what i'm going to wear for formal only until i put it in my hair. :rolleyes: Also, sometimes i bring too many sandals because i normally bring four pairs and end up wearing one or two pairs. but, it's hard to be the best packer because i always want to bring everything. i don't want to forget something because i remember when we forgot a dress i wantted to wear before and one time we even forgot to bring toothpaste :o well, you should not pack what you don't need because the cruise ship has a lot of things and there ares stores all over. but, somethings are easier to bring with you because the cruise ship's prices in the store are sometimes more expensive then home.

I'm still stumped as to what to take (clothes only . . . know what to take and what not to take as far as everything else). Have no problem with the evening . . . got my two formal outfits and five other dinner outfits . . . it's just daytime wear that I'm confused about.

I would bring 3 capri pants and 5 tops, in colors that I could mix and match. When I only bring a few tops, I end up wishing I brought more. After a hot day in the sun or in port, I'm ready to put the top in the dirty pile. Don't forget a sweater or a lightweight jacket, because the lounge in the afternoon is always freezing!

• 2 weeks later...

First trip I packed TOO EARLY and kept adding more things. As a result I had almost twice as much as I needed. Suitcase weighed a ton. Now that they are paying attention at the airport to the weight of your suitcase, I am very thoughtful about what I bring now. Ditched the "over the door shoe holder" but still take the insulated mug. Don't pack until the night before and then I don't have a chance to "take this, just in case". :rolleyes:

Archived