ROTB Rest in Peace

I do not know how many of you are aware of this previous event but yearly since 1947 Filene's basement has held its Running of The Brides event ( ROTB) unfortunatly, due to the store's bankrupcy the event will no longer take place. This was an event I for one was looking forward to and have not tried on a single dress waiting for it. Time to move to more conventional methods of finding a dress.

Yes, I went to one of the last ones they held in October of last year. Honestly, it was awful and I'm glad I had already had a dress in mind. The products that were available looked like they had been thrown on the floor at many shows, prior to that event.

I didn't see a single dress which wouldn't need a professional cleaning. It was very disappointing.

Yes, I went to one of the last ones they held in October of last year. Honestly, it was awful and I'm glad I had already had a dress in mind. The products that were available looked like they had been thrown on the floor at many shows, prior to that event.

I didn't see a single dress which wouldn't need a professional cleaning. It was very disappointing.

Unfortunate that you had that experience but to be honest it makes me feel better about missing it.

Archived