Junkanoo??

alexney

In 1991 I won a week long trip to Nassau from a local radio station. We stayed in a small hotel right across the street from the beach. I remember the hotel having one elevator and seven or eight floors. It wasn't a popular name hotel, but there was a fun bar across the street on the beach. We stayed on W Bay Street and if we walked out of the hotel and turned right, we could walk to a McDonalds and then to Senor Frogs and the straw market. Now I am wondering if the beach across the street from the hotel was Junkanoo. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

In 1991 I won a week long trip to Nassau from a local radio station. We stayed in a small hotel right across the street from the beach. I remember the hotel having one elevator and seven or eight floors. It wasn't a popular name hotel, but there was a fun bar across the street on the beach. We stayed on W Bay Street and if we walked out of the hotel and turned right, we could walk to a McDonalds and then to Senor Frogs and the straw market. Now I am wondering if the beach across the street from the hotel was Junkanoo. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

SOunds like it.. but it's been cleaned up and now has restrooms and concessions.. even a stage for Spring break.

Hotel was probably holiday inn, Nassau Palm or Quality inn.. although they change names all the time..

Archived