please help, sailing 2 weeks!! mariner

isis2k2

so I know that when I first get on the ship, I give them a credit card and they give me a "SeaPASS." My question is at the end of the week do they automatically charge the card I gave them, or do they give me a bill and let me pay however I choose? Could I pay some of the bill with cash, or 2 diff credit cards if I spent more than is on the card I gave them to hold? THANKS FOR ANY INFO:D

Very much like a hotel stay. Provide your CC card upon checkin. If you take no further action, all charges will be placed on that card at the end of the cruise.

You will receive a final printed bill the last night or morning. And most RCI ships will also list you current bill via the RCTV, again just like a hotel.

During the week, or near the end - you can opt to visit the purser's desk, and make payments on the current bill - with cash, travelers checks, or even another credit card.

They will place a 'hold' on your CC, again like any other place. If you depart with a low available credit limit, this hold has been known to surprise some folks, as they try to use the CC in port for other purchases. For safety, be sure to pay down/off the current CC before leaving home, or carry a second card for port/emergency use. I always like to know I have enough credit line, to pay for an emergency bill or airfare, etc.

There were several threads in the past few weeks in the RCI section about lternatives to CC's for your SeaPass settlement. Search for seapass or cash, etc.

As above the last night you will get a bill. It will include all your ship charges including the tips that you paid. Check it over very carefully, if you agree with it then you can go down to the Purser's/Front Desk and pay in cash or with Travel Checks either in part or all of it. Usually do it the very last night just after 11 PM (all their stuff is usuall done by then). Anything that you have after this will be charged to your CC. do not take anything from the fridge or minibar after noon the last full day so that you will not be charged extra that you can not prove.You can see all your charges on the tv but you can also get a printout from the front desk anytime you want.

Archived